SOME OF MY PAINTINGS

cavsaddle

As some of you know Ive been collecting US cavalry saddles and equipment for quite a few years. Some years back when free time was easier to find I also did a bit of painting.

I'd like to post some examples of my work.

I used saddles from my collection as reference for each of the paintings.

Best, George

post-2782-0-79283200-1351458191_thumb.jpg

M1904 McClellan Saddle

post-2782-0-46320500-1351458322_thumb.jpg

M1885 McClellan Saddle

Excellent work. You are very talented. At one time I also had a saddle collection. Your renditions brought back many a happy memory. Thanks

These are fantastic pieces! I could stare all day at your work - your attention to the details of lighting and shadowing is fantastic!

Thank you for sharing these!

As a fellow artist, I'm extremely impressed with your work. B)

It's a rare person who can illustrate something to show it's function and still render it in a way that would look like simple art to anyone else who wasn't a rabid fan of the subject matter. Your work does both.

Do you have prints? I mean they are fantastic and would look great in my Cavalry wall above the saddles. They are just phenomenal. In the spirit of Randy Steffan, but better and in full color. I really really like the 1928.

Tom Bowers

George,

Your phenomenal work is more reminiscent of high-quality photographs!

Absolutely outstanding attention to detail!

You should follow-up on the suggestion to have these made into prints.

Regards,

Don.

I thank everyone for their complimentry comments about my work. I appologize for not posting a reply sooner, but hurricane Sandy put most of us up here in the northeast out of business for the last week. We just got power back in our area last night.

In response to the inquiries about prints of these paintings, I did make up a number of signed and numbered full color prints of each of the paintings I've posted here. They are available for sale on Ken McPheeters website. Ken is a well known militaria collector and dealer, and co- author of "THE AMERICAN MILITARY SADDLE, 1776-1945''. His website is WWW.mcpheetersantiquemilitaria.com. They are listed under Saddles and Horse Equipment.

I'm not sure if this information is appropriate for this section of the forum. If it is not, I appologize, and will repost the information in another section of this forum.

Again thanks for the kind words.

Best, George

Hi George,

As an artist myself i appreciate the detail that has gone into your work they are great illustrations of items most can only dream of owning. Thanks you for showing them

Dave.

• 2 months later...