Facial Hair in the 20 and 21st Century

patches

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's a WW2 Navy UDT swimmer photographed by Edward Steichen.

Ummm Just scrolling through this and saw this image.

Its Alan Hale Jr. on the set of "Up Periscope"

Garandomatic

Brother, things are rough in the eto... Dude must not have been able to find a shirt that fit, or this one shrunk! Notice how tight the buttons are and how he had to lace it to get it to close.

Brother, things are rough in the eto... Dude must not have been able to find a shirt that fit, or this one shrunk! Notice how tight the buttons are and how he had to lace it to get it to close.

Trying to stay warm. Two shirts and a sweater under his wool shirt. He's packed tight. I really like the use of his garrison/dress belt on his pants, and it looks like he's had some 30 carbine ammo loops to it. He must be a time traveller….how Korean War of him

BILL THE PATCH

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif php2Qo3oLPM.jpg

A GI, Bill Vegso of the 65th Division with a stash ETO 45, apart from his mustache, he's wearing an odd looking fur cap under his pot, doesn't look like the U.S.M43 pile cap right, looks more like one of those Russian Front German fur caps.

It looks like he has multiple layers under that shirt, he's bulging at the seams.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

All Recent Veterans reading this thread........

post-168865-0-08203300-1507563429.jpg

post-168865-0-46668700-1507563444_thumb.jpg

(From HBO Miniseries, Generation Kill)

lol. I Love my beard.....but when I see it on uniformed personnel it makes my eye twitch. haha

• 2 weeks later...

attachicon.gifphpfiArkMPM.jpg

Here's a nice mustachio right, he's one Hugh Magee. He was in from 1952-74, I guess this portrait will date from the early 70s. He flew combat missions from USS RANGER (CVA-61) Jan-Aug 1966 and USS CONSTELLATION (CVA-64) Apr-Nov 1967, and ended up with a total of 247 combat missions, of which 200+ were over North Vietnam.

CDR Magee (BusyBee604) was a very active member of the Airwarriors forum until he passed away in January 2016. Very interesting and colorful gent.

CDR Magee (BusyBee604) was a very active member of the Airwarriors forum until he passed away in January 2016. Very interesting and colorful gent.

Thanks for the additional info Homer, was unaware he passed.

• 2 months later...

Nice waxed pointed stash, mid 1960s. Even more interesting is that this officer, Major George Osborn, was a professor at the U.S. Military Academy post-34986-0-10464200-1515642548.png,wouldn't think this sort of thing would be tolerated there among the faculty at West Point.

post-34986-0-59451000-1515642530_thumb.jpg

post-34986-0-13183800-1515642753.jpg

And one more for tonight, another Vietnam era one, this time a Green Beret.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Lucky 7th Armored

From a grouping of C Co, 40th Tank BN, 7th Armored photos. An interesting photo of a 7th Armored soldier, stateside with a goatee. Note the HBT coveralls with 7th patch on the breast.

Posted Image

• 1 month later...

post-34986-0-76701100-1523770276_thumb.jpg

A Green Beret again, Woodward, an NCO of unknown grade, with the waxed mustache, 1st Gp on Okinawa circa 1968-69 (note the Philippine Army Parachute Badge).

• 8 months later...
  • 9 months later...