P42 Jacket - High Priced

gibcity

Whew...that's a beauty!!

And I'm not too surprised at the price, given the extreme scarcity and high desirability of these.

Kurt Barickman

Several years ago I sold one like that on Ebay for about $1300; guess inflation.

Kurt Barickman

• 3 weeks later...

Just to update this thread a bit. The original listing price for this P42 camo coat was $2,200.00 on a BUY-IT-NOW. The buyer returned the coat because he was not convinced of its originality. The seller relisted, and the item sold for $1.378.00 on Nov. 12. Hope the winner chokes on it!!

Respectfully,

Bagman

A very disappointed second place bidder....

A very nice P42 coat indeed ... I tried to bid but Bagman outbidded me ^_^

And me as well!

I don't know why, but I've the strange feeling this jacket will be relisted soon...

Dan.

And me as well!

I don't know why, but I've the strange feeling this jacket will be relisted soon...

Dan.

Hello Dan ... could you explain this strange feeling ?

Hello Dan ... could you explain this strange feeling ?

I hope I'm wrong but the private (hidden) profile of the winning bidder makes me believe the last bid was a fake bid to drive up the final price for the seller... :dry:

Dan.

I hope I'm wrong but the private (hidden) profile of the winning bidder makes me believe the last bid was a fake bid to drive up the final price for the seller... :dry:

Dan.

Dan-

Actually, I'd settle for getting a second chance offer myself :D

From previous experiences I've had on such items as HBT coats and trousers, these bidders with private feedback who bid on clothing/uniform items give me the feeling that they are probably vintage clothing dealers. Hiding feedback seems to be standard practice for those involved in that profession/avocation.

I doubt that running up the cost was a motive here. The winning bid was a late snipe to win in my opinion. Too bad it was successful....! :(

Respectfully,

Terry ("Bagman")

Dan-

Actually, I'd settle for getting a second chance offer myself :D

From previous experiences I've had on such items as HBT coats and trousers, these bidders with private feedback who bid on clothing/uniform items give me the feeling that they are probably vintage clothing dealers. Hiding feedback seems to be standard practice for those involved in that profession/avocation.

I doubt that running up the cost was a motive here. The winning bid was a late snipe to win in my opinion. Too bad it was successful....! :(

Respectfully,

Terry ("Bagman")

I'll second Bagman's opinion ... hope you'll have a second chance offfer, but that's unlikely ^_^

Why are those vintage clothing dealers interested in P42 fatigues instead of collecting flowerpower shirt ??

Corpsmancollector

Nice and minty.

Wonder what my experimental would go for

You can say that again Ron, that is stone cold un-issued. It's that mint it might even make you think twice! P42s will always command a high price, especially in top condition. This is steep, but if someone wants a set that badly, they'll always be an investment.

Your experimental coat is one of only 3 I know of...I wouldn't like to hazard a guess ;)

Will

Your experimental coat is one of only 3 I know of...I wouldn't like to hazard a guess ;)

I know a few people here that would want it badly ... such a sale would end up in a terrible bid war :D ... no mercy, no second chance offer !!!

combat-helmets

I had a decent condition pair of P42 cammopants, thinking they would be the harder of the set to find, but I could NEVER get my hands on a jacket!! So I sold the pants to a felow forum collector for a 4 digit price... Scarce does not come close to describing how hard these are to find in ANY condition...

Great comments, all :)

If I had the extra spending cash floating about the house, I would definitely have made a shot at that Coat; I also have a pair of unissued Trousers looking for a Coat friend.