British-made ETO jackets, 8th / 9th Air Forces

Sabrejet

Pratt's named inked on the underside of the cap bill. His name, rank and serial number was stamped in black ink onto the silk collar lining of the jacket

post-61052-0-18472100-1351226740.jpg

Not as far as I know. His name is not on any list of USAAF aces. The information I have suggests he was a bomber pilot, but I have not discovered what group he flew with yet

• 1 year later...

I like both of your Brit made jackets, but am really liking the 1st pattern one of which I'm looking for an example for my collection.

I am posting pictures of my 2nd pattern and British battle jackets, both 8th AF.

Here is the 1st pattern jacket. Brit made 8th AF SSI, wool SSgt. stripes and 3" AG wings.

2ndPatFront_zpsd26b50a9.jpg

8thAF2ndPatlabel_zps87170555.jpg

2ndPatAGWings_zps196d691a.jpg

2ndPat8thAFSSI_zpsd1280095.jpg

And the British battle jacket. Brit made 8th AF stubby and wool SSgt. stripes.

Brit8thAF_zps78f9ca42.jpg

Brit8thAFlabel_zps92720122.jpg

Brit8thAFSSI_zps552b4143.jpg

Nice looking examples in great shape! I'd like to find a US-used BD blouse myself, but they are few and far between. Same applies to ETOs too. The few examples I've seen for sale most recently at shows here in the UK have been quite pricey.

Stony that 8th AF BD Blouse is great! Here's my example to a AAC Lt.:

IMAG0303_zps1386e4e1.jpg

Felt AAC patch, bullion 1st. LT's bars and Brit made ETO ribbon. Not much info on this guy unfortunately. Found an 8th AF patch in one of his other uniforms.

Nice jacket!

I don't know why I never got into these types of uniforms before, but I think they're great. I also have the Australian made 5th AF blouse I posted pics of last week. All I need now is the 1st pattern jacket and also the one with the slash pockets (don't remember the model).

Thanks! I've been trying to get one of the Aussie made ones for a while. I guess none have caught my eye that I've seen. Oddly enough I also have a Canadian BD used by a 104th Division Soldier. Those ETO jackets are great too!

• 4 months later...

Do you still have this jacket in your collection? I believe I saw this jacket somewhere else with some added and removed stuff....

I like both of your Brit made jackets, but am really liking the 1st pattern one of which I'm looking for an example for my collection.

I am posting pictures of my 2nd pattern and British battle jackets, both 8th AF.

Here is the 1st pattern jacket. Brit made 8th AF SSI, wool SSgt. stripes and 3" AG wings.

post-230-0-66125900-1404468131.jpg

Do you still have this jacket in your collection? I believe I saw this jacket somewhere else with some added and removed stuff....

The jacket is mine, not Sabrejet's. I do not have it anymore as I sold it at the Pomona military show in May.

Somebody made some changes to the jacket... Didnt bought the jacket, somebody else did an hour ago.

trenchbuff

I think this is the same jacket though...?

034.149183929_std.JPG

036.149184003_std.JPG

Not the same jacket Bob. Believe it or not they made more than one 2nd model ETO jacket.

Everybody his own opinion, but the label has EXACTLY the same stitching.... Also, this jacket has been for sale more then 3 three times in a couple of months. For me 1+1=3 strikes.

trenchbuff

Everybody his own opinion, but the label has EXACTLY the same stitching.... Also, this jacket has been for sale more then 3 three times in a couple of months. For me 1+1=3 strikes.

I have had this jacket on my website for a while now. I'm not sure what jacket you have been watching that has been for sale 3 times over a couple of months, but you are mistaken. I'm sorry you missed out on purchasing the one from my website, but using the forum to malign my item is in poor taste. The jacket I just sold is completely original and was not misrepresented in any way. You can check my description that is still posted on my website and please feel free to point out anything that is not correct.