TheGermanCollector

WWII PTO USMC All Field Camo'd Mannequin Display

Well, It took a little while to acumulate this but, I finally did it. Its Semi-complete. I kept everything on the mannqiuen entierally field camo. (All Spolchy black). The P42 HBT has been camo painted black. To go on top a Salty first pattern Cover and a japanese bring back flag. I also did a little photographic display using PTO items. I am a helmet collector but, I had a very big gap at the top of my shelf. So I decided to fill it with this. Enjoy

Also here is the link to the Dicussion on the p42 :)

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/157795-wwii-usmc-with-field-camod-p42-hbt-shirt/

post-11638-0-46423000-1350957327.jpg

This member was banned from the forum for violating the trust of other members in the FOR SALE section.

Here is the back. In my opinion the best part.

Features a black camo Field pack, Two matching Camo USMC canteens. Black camo Ammo belt. Named C.S Johnson P42 on the back

post-11638-0-19582600-1350962476.jpg

This member was banned from the forum for violating the trust of other members in the FOR SALE section.

Very nice, I remember this stuff on ebay, a shame that he listed everything in separate auctions. Glad you got it all. (If this is what I remember.) fantastic display. I really enjoy looking at it.

This complete setup is outstanding for sure B)

Collecting USMC AEF 1917-18 & PTO 1941-45, US Navy PTO 1941-45.

Most seeked items : USMC dog tags from 1915 to 1945, USN corpsman dog tags and other identified items, USN id'd M1 helmets.

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gif

Great stuff! The very first item of US militaria I bought almost 30 years ago was a WW2 rifle belt. "Unfortunately", it had green paint splotches all over it..... so I swapped it for a "clean" one! If I knew then what I know now........ :blush:

"We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender!"

Winston Churchill

" Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans."

John Winston Lennon

donation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

That is a great looking display. The camo stuff is exceptional. The camo paint gives the whole thing that grungy, very lived in look. I know that tok you a while to gather up all the elements. Very nice display thanks for posting it.

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif
donation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Outstanding display!!

Wouldn't it be something to find the Trousers, hand-camo'd?????

In a lot of War photos, some of the 'flage HBTs have a very dark appearance to them. I've always figured that this was just due to soiling, as these Suits were used the most extensively in the worst conditions of the Pacific War. Now I'm wondering how many of them in the pics were field-'flaged like T.G.C.'s fine set-up...?

Support our troops...abandoning the War on Terror is not an affordable luxury.

I'm so old, I still call W.W.II U.S. militaria "war surplus".

God's blessings in the Name of our Lord Jesus- Jim Robertson

Outstanding. Saw it on Ebay. Glad the items were able to stay together.... except for his leggings... ;)

***WANTED: MINT UNISSUED USMC DEPOT WEB GEAR AND A SIZE 38 P42 CAMO JACKET***

Bringing this back up for viewing.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

*Sherlock Holmes in "A Scandal in Bohemia"*

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif
donation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Thanks I must have missed this the first time. This is a great display and collection!

Thank you to all that have served our country and to your families that have sacrificed without your presence at home. Thank you to all that have given their lives for my freedom and to their families that suffer. May God bless you!

Very nice. Im glad you were able to keep it all togethor. Its a shame when people piece out groupings.

Always looking for WW2 USMC militaria and WW2 Corpsman militaria. If you have any you don't want or want to sell let me know, I might be interested.

donation2016.gif

Awesome display. Love that camo!

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

That is a great set, it almost has a greasy look to the camo.

By the way, better change those canteens before they fall off. Put the hooks through from the back: http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/194731-using-mills-hooks-on-belts-pouches-tutorial/

RC

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

*Sherlock Holmes in "A Scandal in Bohemia"*

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif
donation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Very nice. Maybe you'll post the helmet collection one day if you haven't already.

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

Always wanting to buy things I can't afford

In memory of my great great uncle Monroe Todd who fought in the Meuse-Argonne offensive Nov 1918

35th Infantry Division, 137th Regiment, L Company

I really like field camo-ed items but I only have a camo-ed M1 carbine pouch.

-Dave

Collecting WWI 26th Division Machine Gun and Infantry related Helmets, Equipment, Groupings, Photos and Dog Tags!

donation2015.gif

Never get tired of this rig.

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..