Been chasing it 2 years-finally

warguy

I first saw this group two years ago and have been after it since. I dont do much with homefront or womens items, but this is rare and complete. This grouping belonged to a female officer in the WADCA or Womens ambulance and defense corps of America. My understanding these uniforms are well covered in Jill Halcombs second volume dressed for success. I believe this particular unit served in California from 1941-1945. A pretty complete group that includes two skirts, tie, three shirts, dress tunic and belt, sam browne belt, overseas hat and dress shoes. Sadly un-named, but a rare grouping as I understand it. Not sure if I will keep it as not my thing, but thought I would share it. Kevin

post-21606-0-62070100-1350855506.jpg

post-21606-0-09072700-1350855519.jpg

This is an incredibly complete and rare group! However, I'm a little confused, if this is not your thing, then why were you chasing it for 2 years?

.............I'm a little confused, if this is not your thing, then why were you chasing it for 2 years?

Perhaps he was chasing WHO was in it! :)

Thanks for the comments. Even though not my thing, I did some research on this grouping couple years ago and learned how rare it is. Been collecting long enough to appreciate complete groups like this. I missed first opportunity to a guy that bought it so his wife could wear it at halloween. He was not a military collector. Seemed an inappropriate use for this historic grouping. He finally saw the light and let it go.

Thanks for the comments. Even though not my thing, I did some research on this grouping couple years ago and learned how rare it is. Been collecting long enough to appreciate complete groups like this. I missed first opportunity to a guy that bought it so his wife could wear it at halloween. He was not a military collector. Seemed an inappropriate use for this historic grouping. He finally saw the light and let it go.

Makes sense, great save from the halloween parties!