USMC Raider Patch - Real or Repro?

Old Marine

I found this patch this morning. What are your opinions on this patch, is it an original or a Reproduction. One minute I think it's a repro then I think it just might be real, maybe it's just wishful thinking.

Anyway what do you guys think. For a buck I think I can deal with it if it's not real.

Thanks

Dennis

post-2843-0-47004900-1350845108_thumb.jpg

Should add the ones I have handled will have a white muslin backing.This often is removed or comes off.The one other thing about the repros is they tend to be more of a slick material and the multible threads on the back from top to bottom is what I have seen on the repros

These are reproductions and use the same method of construction as the current fake Vietnamese "silks" being offered as Vietnam war period silk woven patches.

vintageproductions

I believe these were made back in the 80's, and sold on a card with the history of the Raiders, from company's like Lancer Military...

I believe these were made back in the 80's, and sold on a card with the history of the Raiders, from company's like Lancer Military...

Bob, I rembemer seeing those Repro patches on the cards. I found this one loose in a box with some other patches and navy rates and as I said I thought it was a repro, but lying there with some other real patches I though there might have been a chance it was original, you never know. But, looking at the repros and getting others opinions is how you learn. Thanks for the comments.

I got mine from Dorothy's old supply......I feel comfortable! :)

You got an Aussie made Raider from the Wosk hoard?

I know she had the small sized ones, examples on felt and the fully embroidered, but AUSSIE MADE?!?! WOW!

Allan