The Man Who Flew the Memphis Belle

renfield

I read this book a few years ago and just got this signed copy off of Ebay. The fact that both Col. Morgan and Robert Hansen sighned the book makes it special to me. It is the story of his life before, during and after the war. Most people know the story of the Memphis Belle. What I found interesting was what he did in the Pacific. He flew another 26 missions in B-29s. He lead the first B-29 bombing raid over Tokyo since the Doolittle raid. He also took part in the first low level fire bombing of Tokyo. The flying and living conditions in the PTO were much rougher than his time in the 8th. I found the second half of the book had so much info I never know about Col. Morgan. I really enjoyed reading this book and think anyone with an interest in W.W.2 aviation would like it also.

Steve

post-5349-0-38553700-1350777452_thumb.jpg

I agree it's a good book. I was lucky enough to get COL Morgan to sign my copy the last time he came into my part of the country...

PETER HENDRIKX

When I visited the US years ago I just called him and asked if I could send my book to have it autographed. He agreed and it was just as simple as that. Great book, great story, great man.

Peter Hendrikx