On WW2 White Army webbing -

jgawne

No, those look like the British Made MP belts with cross strap and holder for .45 which was issued to US MP units in the UK. It was made in white, and the men were also issued blanco (bloody blanco!) to keep it white.

The White ammo belt was really interesting, however I think ski troops can be ruled out. Some of this stuff does show up periodically in big time drill and ceremonies use- such as at Major events or honor guards for important people.

• 1 month later...

This white pistol lanyard is from the estate of the same MP, it is simply and oddly marked "Made in the USA" on the hardware.

What I find interesting is the flimsy steel fittings, they just do not look like they were designed for use with a sidearm.

This however caught my eye a long time ago (and the photo credit is Fixbayonets!) since it's the only laynard I have seen with the heavy duty looking fitting.

What I find interesting is the flimsy steel fittings, they just do not look like they were designed for use with a sidearm.

This however caught my eye a long time ago (and the photo credit is Fixbayonets!) since it's the only laynard I have seen with the heavy duty looking fitting.

attachicon.gifImage1.jpg

RustyCanteen, could you direct me back to the post where this photo came from? It is not the same lanyard I have shown on the first page of this thread (with the white pistol belt from the WWII MP), but my quote you used if form this thread? I vaguely remember this lanyard with the heavy duty fitting, not even sure if I still have it, trying to jog my memory.

Thanks,

Rob

RustyCanteen, could you direct me back to the post where this photo came from? It is not the same lanyard I have shown on the first page of this thread (with the white pistol belt from the WWII MP), but my quote you used if form this thread? I vaguely remember this lanyard with the heavy duty fitting, not even sure if I still have it, trying to jog my memory.

Thanks,

Rob

Hi, it was saved from another forum many years ago.

I'm wondering if the heavy duty fitting might be too big to fit onto a sidearm?

RC

Hi, it was saved from another forum many years ago.

I'm wondering if the heavy duty fitting might be too big to fit onto a sidearm?

RC

I doubt that I still have this lanyard, if I come up with it I will check out the fitting and post back.

Rob

Just my two cent. It's quite easy make a white belt from a khaki one, you have only to put it in a sodium hypoclorite solution (that strong smelling solution houswives did use sometime to clean floor) it wlill decolour old dying agent preserving inked markings. I know it cause days ago I ruined fine brazilian web holsters in attemp to kill few mildew spots with a solution suitable for leather but too strong for web.

the pic i just posted the other day was obtained from a retired MP, who is currently working on sorting through his decades of pics to help find WW2 vintage photos of MP's in white web gear. i just got a message from another MP who is doing the same, and am waiting for his OK to use the pics here. between the two of them, i think we are going to see quite a few pics showing WW2 MP's in white web gear. some of the close ups look to show our gear very clearly, not just british gear that's been blancoed. since i'm pretty slow at this, bear with me, and i will try and get them transferred from where they are to here.

from the Official History of the 769th MP Battalion while stationed in England----"February 1, 1944...Our outfit becomes very snappy looking when we go into white helmets with a blue MP painted on the front, white pistol belt and white leggings. When we wear white gloves with the aforementioned articles we really stand out in the blackout. Until the townspeople get used to these outfits they are a bit startled by the appearance of our men." Extracted by, and with thanks to Patrick V. Garland, US Army MP Corps, retired.

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like that must have made them later than I knew of, this is pretty close to what the VN counterpart looked like, except the label had no barcode and was just a slip of paper inside the wrapper.

Same lanyard, different name.

"8465-00-262-5237

8P429

LANYARD, INDIVIDUAL EQUIPMENT CARRYING CORD, WHITE, CLASS 1

1 EACH

SP0100-97-F-EA53

[bARCODE]"

I haven't been able to locate any information on the older version, but at some point during the 1970s-1980s it was known as "LANYARD, PISTOL, NYLON WHITE" with the same NSN. As I have seen those still in the wrapper and lacking contract information. I suppose they could even be commercial copies for ceremonial use.

RC

• 2 years later...

Pulling this older thread because I once came across these white MP Patent Leather items. I never have seen this type of white MP equipment before. Not WWII era but for sure cold war / occupation era and just wanted to share some pictures.

post-5069-0-34489400-1450606754.jpg

post-5069-0-79349900-1450606756.jpg

• 9 months later...

Hello,

see attached a white garand belt date 44 made by boyt. It is really white and not light OD3. Not blancoed obviously.

It is name to a t-5 of the 787th MP Bn

Max

post-1011-0-87091300-1476900869.jpg

post-1011-0-44476400-1476900879.jpg

post-1011-0-76401400-1476900887.jpg

post-1011-0-99001000-1476900895.jpg

• 1 year later...

Just a thought but is it possible that this belt was issued to mountain troops etc to be used with the reversible white ski parka? (snow camouflage)

For some reason I don't think this is MP related.

It's hard to see but it appears to be 43 dated

And 4 years later someone else has the same question... I have the exactly the same belt you have. It has this printed on the back.

ASSEMBLED

BY

R.M. CO.

Anyway I too thought this would be a mountain troops belt but have not found a definitive answer as yet. It was issued to somebody "C-6535".