Some more WW2 USMC gear

1940Desoto

Rich, it does not have the restricted opening or the Duraglass stamp. So what is the story on the Richard Green labels? I appreciate all the information.

Bryan

But DeSoto, my Frazer bottle was pictured in both of the links you posted, down to the stock number! :wacko:

Mate,

If you look closely at the bottle you pictured, it has 2 sets of 3 raised ribs moulded into the sides of the bottle, these are not present on the bottle issued with the M2 kit. Yours is also squarer and not as rounded along the edges as the style of bottle commonly found in the original kits.

Uplandmod makes a good point in his blog 'Marines in Forest Green' to civilian medicine bottles being 'mocked up' as Frazers bottles.

Keep an eye out for King802's next bottle when he lists it for sale. I purchased mine fom him without any doubts.

Cheers

Sean

Here was a previous thread before I bought mine, as you can see I was surprised myself that the labels are being reproduced although I ought to know better!

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/143112-jungle-first-aid-kits/page__hl__frazer#entry1092329

A double Caveat Emptor when purchasing these bottles.

(PS sorry Desoto for hijacking this thread!)

Leonardo