Do More For Doolittle

fstop61

I've always been a big fan of Jimmy Doolittle (aren't we all?). Got to meet him and spend a little time with him and his wife Josephine at the 1982 Raider Reunion in St.Petersburg, Fl. What a great and kind man he was to me. So, when the poster became available recently I decided I would try to purchase it. The only problem is that the poster has been widely reproduced and copies of the original are hard to find. So with a little time on the internet I found a copy of the original (UC Berkley archives) which matched mine exactly.

Background: 23 1/2" x 32" Produced by General Electric Corp. 1944

Thanks for lookingpost-35406-0-90557300-1350610117.jpg

Nice poster!

General Doolittle is one of my favorites as well. When I wrote him decades ago about about some 8th Air Force question on my dads group he sent me an autographed photo as well as his help on my question.

Great guy. The bigger they were in the Army Air Forces the quicker they were to offer assistance.

Jack

Thanks for the nice comments-I spent 3-4 days hanging around the Raiders-one couldn't have felt more welcome then I that weekend. I believe General Doolittle was only about 5' 5", but in my eyes he was 10' tall. What a great bunch of men.

Good find and sharp research.

Thanks! The research was a little tough-as it is with some posters. I found also found that some of the "brick and mortar" dealers will basically tell you to go to Hell. Though I make it known that I'm a just a collector (not a competitor) they still will keep you at bay. I guess in that regard I'm a little different-what little I know I'll be more than happy to pass it along to anyone that's willing to listen. To me, that's one of the great things about this forum-no one is hesitant to withhold information. It may be a very simple question or somewhat complex-everyone is real quick to help you out with your inquiry.

• 4 years later...

If you are ever looking for an original of this poster, I have an original 38"x60" GEL 767 of this poster, but has one small issue, it was found torn down the middle and then taped back together. I have been hesitant to remove the tape to have it repaired correctly.Posted Image

Posted Image

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

• 4 years later...

Just saw this old thread.  I am a poster collector and amateur dealer.  I have an original Do More For Doolittle that has been professionally conserved on linen.  This is a very rare poster.

Datreedude, if you want to get yours restored, let me know. 

Here is a photo of mine.  It is available, but its not cheap given both rarity and condition.

20211026_124442.jpg