Embroidered Felt Patch...What is it?

devincu

American Motorcycle Association

Somewhere I have a hat and jacket with this emblem all over it, but of course I can't find it now that I'm looking. But that's what it is. They also had "DI's" too.

American Motorcycle Association

Somewhere I have a hat and jacket with this emblem all over it, but of course I can't find it now that I'm looking. But that's what it is. They also had "DI's" too.

LOL... Wow it must be rare! It was the only reason I bought the lot! Thanks! Mods please remove... :blush:

Agreed its an Old AMA insignia.Some of these older AMA items can go back to the days of the very first Sturgis Ralley and the Gypsy Tour pins are very collectible.

Agreed its an Old AMA insignia.Some of these older AMA items can go back to the days of the very first Sturgis Ralley and the Gypsy Tour pins are very collectible.

Thanks R the more I look at the other patches I think they were sewn on a leather biker jacket so it makes sense now!

Yes, just because it's Motorcylce related, don't dismiss it as trash. There are plenty of old Cycle collectors out there, While rummaging around for the items I was looking for, I came across some of my great uncles old motorcylce hats. He served in WWII, worked for Martin Aircraft, and was an enthusiast in Harley and Indian motorcycles. Here are some of his caps. Note the wings, and the motorcycle patch that is so often considered "military," when it's really not. Hope you enjoy.

post-2063-0-05467300-1350604986_thumb.jpg

Yes, just because it's Motorcylce related, don't dismiss it as trash. There are plenty of old Cycle collectors out there, While rummaging around for the items I was looking for, I came across some of my great uncles old motorcylce hats. He served in WWII, worked for Martin Aircraft, and was an enthusiast in Harley and Indian motorcycles. Here are some of his caps. Note the wings, and the motorcycle patch that is so often considered "military," when it's really not. Hope you enjoy.

Wow those are too cool..thank you for sharing!

About 45 yrs ago, I had some AMA patches and "DI's", and some tabs/scrolls with years and one with STURGIS SD. Most were done in chenille. The best was a chenille one maybe over 12" diameter. I sold them all to one guy at a gun show, who was most pleased. IIRC I got $50 -- big money. Big enough to take my woman out to dinner. I had found them in a trashpile, rsult of an apparent eviction --or divorce maybe.