My alice gear loadout and other items.

BigMoose

Just wanted to post my collection of 80s and 90s Alice gear. It's a fun collection and I use it when I go out and shoot my SAI M14 Rifle

IMG00301.jpgcomegetsome2.jpgcome%20get%20some.jpgIMG00289.jpgIMG00386.jpg

I would not put the canteen on the front like that. It would interfere with shooting from the shoulder and going prone. A better place would be on the side of the backpack or the belt. Also, the rocket, the Beretta (M1934?) and Luger are a bit out of place in this bunch. Are they real or replica?

I would not put the canteen on the front like that. It would interfere with shooting from the shoulder and going prone. A better place would be on the side of the backpack or the belt. Also, the rocket, the Beretta (M1934?) and Luger are a bit out of place in this bunch. Are they real or replica?

Not a rocket, that is a M31 Inert Heat Rifle Grenade, and I have fired it off the end of my m14 with my repro M76.

The M1934 and 1918 Eufurt P08 LUGER are real, WWII bring backs by my grandfather. I don't have a 92FS or 1911 so I use those as my sidearms.

The 1qt Canteen is clipped to the sling on my 2qt canteen. Both of which are easily tossed on the ground for prone shooting.

IMG00226.jpgIMG00236.jpgm14withm76andm31.jpg

Ah yes! I did not recognize the rifle grenade without the blue paint. They have them for sale on the Liberty Tree Collectors website which is where I saw them first. The pistols look very nice, both favorites of mine that I hope to own examples of some day.

I have some suggestions regarding your shooting and bayonet technique.

1. Use the sling. It is a great aid in steadying your shots. Do like this fellow does:

He uses a mitt while he is shooting, but it is not required for the type of shooting you are doing. I have fired a garand this way and with 3 clips, I was nailing hanging coffee cans at 100 yards every time and was very comfortable doing it. In the standing position, raise your arm to create a hollow in your shoulder for the butt to rest in. It will be more comfortable this way. Also, while you are moving, simply unwind the sling from your arm and carry in the high port arms position (barrel in line with your left shoulder, butt pointing to your right waist).

2. For use of the bayonet, refer to this video:

They may be using Springfields with 16" M1905 bayonets, but the principles are all the same.

WOW. That ALICE gear sure brings back memories from what seems like a lifetime ago. My how times and equipment has changed.

(I still have my ALICE gear from my early enlisted days. I bought my own so I could customize as needed)

Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

WOW. That ALICE gear sure brings back memories from what seems like a lifetime ago. My how times and equipment has changed.

(I still have my ALICE gear from my early enlisted days. I bought my own so I could customize as needed)

Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Yeah I keep collecting and digging stuff up. Working on a tan set of Alice gear now.

Here is my latest shooting outing, I decided to wear my desert BDUs this time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIBMCcgJ1Xo