Another game of Whatsit, this time I don't know the answer

hawkdriver

I got these three straps in a deal, have no clue what they are.

First up is a approximately 6" strap, hook on one end and ring on the other.

2wemi6f.jpg

2ugnuhk.jpg

The second strap is one that as is, about 12" long. It looks like it is tied on both ends, don't know if it supposed to be or someone needed a strap this way for some unknown reason.

8y5m6v.jpg

2ica96u.jpg

15xlo54.jpg

Finally, this strap is looped on itself. It will not slip over the hook, so it was meant to be this way. It looks like it could be a pistol lanyard, but I don't know.

2iir4.jpg

53w8bk.jpg

Finally, a nylon pouch. I've seen one of these before, but no idea. There is no writing anywhere.

301hu75.jpg

rct168.jpg

mhgnb.jpg

That's it.

Ron, do you know what era? WWI, WWII? for the 1917? .45?

Chris, it's to small, I tried putting a -10 in it. The internal dimensions are: 7"W x 2"W x 6" deep.

I agree with Doyler, the strap is a WW2 pistol/revolver lanyard ref 'Grunt Gear' p. 288...I will buy one if you are selling please :)

Thanks Ron, I have searched high and low, no clue, your idea is the best so far. It could be that someone did this for a personal project. I would untie it, but then that may be the way it was meant to be.

Thanks Ron, I have searched high and low, no clue, your idea is the best so far. It could be that someone did this for a personal project. I would untie it, but then that may be the way it was meant to be.

Very true

I was thinking the ties look like strings from the leggings