45th ID Museum, Oklahoma City, OK

Flashlarue

Cobrahistorian

Great stuff Flash! I need to get back up that way soon. Will you be coming to the OHS Call to Arms on 3 November? We're bringing the M16 halftrack, M1A1 pack howitzer, Willys MB and a bunch of other stuff.

I wish that museum would have been there when I was stationed at Tinker AFB, in 1971 & 1972. I went to the Zoo several times and I think it is on the same road.

Great museum. I interned there in grad school and even had my 7th Birthday party there back when you could climb all over the equipment. I have been going to that museum most my life starting when my older brother was a boy scout and my mom took the troop there and later when I was a boy scout in elementary school. That museum was imperative in my passion ultimately leading to my enlistment in the Marines and my passion for collecting! That museum holds a special place in my heart.

The indoor collection at the museum is awesome. I for one was really suprised when I walked in the door and saw all the displays. It is well worth the trip to see all the wonderful history they have on hand I walked around inside for a couple of hours and could have stayed much longer. And on top of everything else it is free to the public.

• 2 weeks later...

Great stuff Flash! I need to get back up that way soon. Will you be coming to the OHS Call to Arms on 3 November? We're bringing the M16 halftrack, M1A1 pack howitzer, Willys MB and a bunch of other stuff.

You guys had a great display today! I wish I would have seen this post earlier, I would have introduced myself. I was the Doughboy helping out! Great show today!

If you go to this museum, do not neglect to pay close attention to the displays INSIDE. Included is a section on Bill Mauldin with some ORIGINAL artwork of his famous drawings.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...