HELP; WW2 Dog Tag set Jacob L. Solomon found!

T-Bone

I was poking through a flea market in Louisiana the other day and found nothing, until at the last stop a vendor remembered having a set of dog tags. I did not even really look at them until I had paid for them (heck ww2 notch tags are always interesting) and then I really read them;

Jacob L. Solomon

38388021 T-43 - 44 O

H

Now I have been collecting for a while and I have owned plenty of tags, but this is the first Jewish set I have found that I did not search out.

Now I am curious; how can I find more information on the soldier? Tried Google and got nothing good. The link I had before for Dog Tag research seems to be dead, and it only gave me the bare minimum anyway.

Can anyone help me out with these?

T-Bone

He's proving to be a tough nut to crack. Best I can tell you with a quickie search is that he is listed as "Jacob Soloman" in NARA records. He was living in St. Tammany Parish in LA in 1930 and 1940, and must have gone by his middle name, in both the 1930 and1940 census records he is listed as "Lester Solomon". He was born in 1922.

Oh, one more thing. In one 1940 directory, he is living in Shreveport under the name Jacob L. Soloman and is listed as a student.

So I am not the only one having trouble with this one. He was 21 when he joined up in SHreveport, but I can't find any family for him in town.

I am guessing he was an LSUS or Centenary alumnus, I will check with the schools, St Tamany is an interesting wrinkle; I may have to make a roadtrip.

Thanks for the help.

T

• 1 year later...

Hello I am a new member and I know this is an old thread but I just received a WW2 silk japanese flag that has 34 U.S Vet signatures on it, and I was searching the internet to find more info on some of the names and units, one of the names is Jacob L. Soloman from Scheveport La, I came across this thread during his seach and I am wonderingt if T-bone is still here and if he found anything out about this man? Thank you for your time and any help you can offer!

J