My big A-3 Caps Score!

graffspee

At the local Army-Navy Surplus store today I scored these original A-3 caps.....I was pleasantly surprised to find them ....

100_2340_zpsb482809c.jpg

100_2343_zps6f67bba2.jpg

kyhistorian01

Those are cool!! I have been looking for one to go with my mechanics display forever. I have a set of mechanics coveralls with the mechanics tool apron, but have never had the opportunity to complete the display. Great find and thanks for sharing.

Robert

The surplus store has been around since the 50's and its packed to the gills with stuff. I have been going there since I was a kid and I can remember the things I use to see in there in the 70's and 80's.Most of the old stuff has long been gone but I just think it is amazing that even now stuff still finds its way to the surface there after all these years....

Very nice find and in great shape. A place I used to hit unearthed crates of NOS WW2 cloth flight pants. I picked up a few pairs just for the fun of it.

JD

I actually saw you at the store. I was visiting down town Tampa and was in the store. I bought a bag for a .30 cal spare barrel for 12.95 and a partially filled WW2 bottle of insect repellent for .50. I was the dude who looked at the hats on the counter just before you purchased them. Small world.

Thats funny.....I had not been to that store in a long while and I had just gone there looking for some of those WW2 waterproof clothing bags. There used to be a lot of them there. I just started digging around and found the caps. You have to dig in that place but there is still things to be found in the hidden depths....