L.F.&C. Trench knife 1917, good?

Dr_rambow

Found this knife at a local pawn shop, I think it's a good one, but I know nothing about these. I'm buddies with the owner and knowing him it'll probably come down to me having to make an offer (because he doesn't have time to price these things). Whether or not I decide to buy it or not, I'd like to give him a good idea of the value.

There is some light oxidation on the tip of the blade (appears superficial "new" rust with no pitting yet) and a little bit thicker rust on the hand guard, but nothing too deep nor anything that can't be treated.

Anyway, pictures!

PA130101.jpg

PA130103.jpg

PA130105.jpg

I might go back for it later today, let me know what you think!

Well, against my better judgement, I went back and bought it. He offered it to me at $80 (since I was picking up a few other things), so I really couldn't resist! Most of the rust wiped off with some oil, so it really wasn't in as rough condition as it first looked. There is still a decent amount of bluing on the blade.

I'm quite happy, never thought I'd find one at a good price.

Thanks guys! You have no idea how excited I was to go back and get it. I'm already had someone try to buy it from me :P

I savor every chance I get to buy something in person. I seldom get a chance to find something nice without going online. I'm slowly working on my connections, though.

Very nice, I'd say!

I'm going to have to stop myself when I see another one, I definitely can not afford these under normal circumstances!

$80 is a great price, I don't think anybody would have passed that up!

Leonardo

That's a definite +1! I am seriously averse to picking up knives without at least a period correct scabbard, but even I would not have hesitated to pick up this one for that great price.

Tim