V42 on Ebay

SKIPH

Hey Gang!-Just found this V42 on ebay. It's in very rough condition. Interested to see what it will go for. Item # 221139069950. It's currently at $670. SKIP

The knife is in good overall shape, just very worn. For collectors who like the "been there" look (Tim), I think it may go as high as 3K.

Jack's Son- You really think it will hit $3000? I honestly can't imagine it getting that high. But, have seen stranger things. SKIP

Skip,

With the number of collectors out there that are buying worn style knives, plus the fact it is a V-42, I think we may be surprised. I think the knife looks good even though it is worn. The ware is "gentle" if that word makes sense, and it has a degree of character. It's not my style, but it is one of a very few knives of that type I could see myself owning.

PS....I have two that are in very good shape.

Skip,

With the number of collectors out there that are buying worn style knives, plus the fact it is a V-42, I think we may be surprised. I think the knife looks good even though it is worn. The ware is "gentle" if that word makes sense, and it has a degree of character. It's not my style, but it is one of a very few knives of that type I could see myself owning.

PS....I have two that are in very good shape.

Besides add to it that it is on the Bay and that price wouldn't surprise me. Stopped keeping track of the items I've seen sell on the Bay for over double and more, what I would expect for it locally.

The knife is in good overall shape, just very worn. For collectors who like the "been there" look (Tim), I think it may go as high as 3K.

I donT follow eby very oftenBut I recal a few of these that sold in the last few month for $1700 or less in comparable condition.I think one had a replaced handle,having the clear plastic spacers like the "theatre"made knives.This replaced handled one I recal brought around $1250-ish.Seen a couple nice ones for under $2800.

Ha, ha, yes, you know me so well. It's at $959 right now. As much as I'd love to own it, it's too high for me (right now) given my recent addiction to WWII USMC gear - http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/157631-my-wwii-usmc-mannequin-display/

Tim

T

FEED THE ADDICTION....................

I feed this addition anymore and my wife is going to feed me to the sharks, the wolves, and anything leftover goes to the worms :o !

Tim

I feed this addition anymore and my wife is going to feed me to the sharks, the wolves, and anything leftover goes to the worms :o !Tim

That means you're going for the V-42??? :)

Picture.

post-8213-0-12032300-1350143528_thumb.jpg

From sellers description "Leather scabbard is in good, used condition"

Maybe the definition of "good" has changed since I last checked - that scabbard is WRECKED!!

From the photos of the M6 Viner on the listing I'd be most surprised if the scabbard even survives being posted to the new owner!

Ron-You said it would get up there in price. I was skeptical. $2037 is a higher price than I figured it would go for. SKIP

I was actually thinking it would be between $1500-$1800 never know with ebay.I heard of one selling a month ago at a gun show for $750.From what a friend decribed it as it was in the same condition range as this one.