The Rainey Boys-Together Again

tarbridge

P1010001 (500x335).jpg

These are Rainey boys.I got Keltons Purple Heart well more than a year ago.I could not find much about Kelton-I knew he was buried in England at one time and could not pinpoint a unit.I had a lot of help researching him from another forum member.I had to send off for his IDPF-seven months later and no charge-I received a PDF for Kelton G Rainey.

Kelton was a member of Co.A 746th Tank Battalion and they hit Utah Beach on D-Day.They linked up with the 82nd ABN and helped secure St.Mere Eglise.Kelton was wounded on June 13 1944 and was evacuated to the 68th US General Hospital in England with Multiple shell fragment wounds and died of his wounds on August 16 1944.

Two days before the Max a friend was going to buy some items and he does not do medals.He called and I made offers and bought all the US items.He delievered them at the Max and as I went thru this little group consisting of the diary,dog tags picture,hat badge and ribbon bar,I read the one page were he states about writing a letter to Kelton Rainey.This group came from the same guy I bought Keltons medal.He had the brothers group the whole time and I was lucky enough to buy it by accident.The adress page has their Brothers POW adress listing.God bless the Rainey Boys.