U.S.M.C. Chevrons

hhbooker2

[attachment=55301:05_1.jpg

Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps, left and right. Also a PFC with FMF PAC patch. 4-inch chevrons for women Marines. ;)

Nice Sgt Maj of the Marine Corp patch !! I've got one but its on a uniform.

Vic

VICJOY1945: Could you sometime in the near future photograph the uniform with the Sergeant Major chevrons to show us here? Would be much appreciated! Here are some "ODDS'n'ENDS" some might like to see if they can plate a date and title on them? Thank you one and all! SEMPER FI! :)

post-837-1203552675.jpg

post-837-1203552707.jpg

post-837-1203552738.jpg

Hi !!

Will do !! Its a real beauty !! I'm more of a medal collector but I have picked up some nice uniforms along the way...actually I started collecting uniforms and then moved into medal groups, but, I'm always on the lookout for good uniforms too !!

Vic

The chevron shown in posts 21 & 22 is a Technical Sergeant. A WWII Platoon Sergeant had one "rocker" below, (one straight tie below the 3 chevrons would be for a Staff Sergeant). The one shown with one rocker and a star is the Platoon Sergeant used in the 1930's. The star was dropped sometime around 1939-1940 time period.

Some older woven Marine Corps Chevrons.

Left to Right Row 1: Private First Class, Corporal

Left to Right Row 2: Sergeant, Staff Sergeant

Left to Right Row 3: Technical / Supply Sergeant

post-1455-1203892176.jpg

Women Marines

Left to Right Row 1: Private First Class, Private First Class, Private First Class

Left to Right Row 2: Lance Corporal, Lance Corporal, Lance Corporal

Left to Right Row 3: Corporal, Sergeant, Sergeant

Left to Right Row 4: Sergeant

post-1455-1203892762.jpg

Women Marines

Left to Right Row 1: Staff Sergeant, Technical / Supply Sergeant

Left to Right Row 2: Gunnery Sergeant, Gunnery Sergeant

Left to Right Row 3: Master Gunnery Sergeant

post-1455-1203892845.jpg

Left side PFC & CPL are from 1965 – 1968 era.

Right side PFC & CPL are from the early 1990s

When and why did the Green color change for the Khaki rank?

post-1455-1203892905.jpg

• 1 month later...

Early United States Marine Corps Gunnery Sergeant chevrons for summer uniform? ;) (Obverse)

post-837-1206757777.jpg

Early United States Marine Corps Gunnery Sergeant chevrons for summer uniform? . :rolleyes: (Reverse)

post-837-1206757889.jpg

Below is a pair of seam-to-seam SGT chevrons, They were literally cut off a blue blouse along with the underlying blue wool sleeves. You can see just a thin edge of blue all around the chevrons.

post-1107-1206803594.jpg

Here are a pair of Quartermaster seam-to-seam chevrons. They appear to have never been on a uniform. They look to be good but the guy I got them from several years ago also sold me a replica EGA as a legitimate and original 1920s item. That makes me a bit suspect of them, even though they do look original. Anyway.....here they are.

post-1107-1206803870.jpg

These are late 20s through 30s (or, perhaps 40s) SGT chevrons. This pair look to be new old stock and have never been sewn onto a uniform.

post-1107-1206804134.jpg

I realize these are not "chevrons" per se but they are hash marks made of the same paterial. This pair came with the SGT chevrons above. Like them, these appear to be new old stock and they both came from long stored items from a uniform shop that went out of business after WW-II.

post-1107-1206804260.jpg