1902 Chevrons

hhbooker2

Regimental Quartermaster Sergeant and Regimental Commissary Sergeant (Infantry) chevrons shown here. think.gif

post-837-1203021504.jpg

post-837-1203021649.jpg

Minor caption corrections: #8 should be identified as Battalion Quartermaster Sergeant and #9 should be Regimental Quartermaster Sergeant.

Great looking chevrons Sarge. I really like that Engineers Battalion QM Sergeant! I've always loved those pre-1920 Army chevrons, especially the color ones. Thanks for sharing these beauties! thumbsup.gif

Minor caption corrections: #8 should be identified as Battalion Quartermaster Sergeant and #9 should be Regimental Quartermaster Sergeant.

Great looking chevrons Sarge. I really like that Engineers Battalion QM Sergeant! I've always loved those pre-1920 Army chevrons, especially the color ones. Thanks for sharing these beauties! thumbsup.gif

Dear Lee: Here are two chevrons for Company Quartermaster Sergeants, red and white for Engineers and light blue for 1902-1904 Infantry. Yes, the colour chevrons were nice, too bad they don't use them now with the new blue service uniform. :) Sarge

post-837-1203023141.jpg

post-837-1203023157.jpg

Sarge, AWESOME CHEVRONS!!!

**ADMIN: Should we have a a forum section just for chevrons??

ADMIN: I quite agree, there ought to be a forum section for Marine Corps and Army chevrons and another for Navy and Coast Guard rates. LTC William K. Emerson showed hundreds of chevrons in his book "CHEVRONS." They're also very popular and many collectors collect them as well. Here are two more, one is light blue for Infantry 1902-1904 and the other is white for Infantry 1904 to 1917. Both are for a Color Sergeant. :) Sarge

post-837-1203119344.jpg

post-837-1203119363.jpg

Salvage Sailor
ADMIN: I quite agree, there ought to be a forum section for Marine Corps and Army chevrons and another for Navy and Coast Guard rates. LTC William K. Emerson showed hundreds of chevrons in his book "CHEVRONS." They're also very popular and many collectors collect them as well. Here are two more, one is light blue for Infantry 1902-1904 and the other is white for Infantry 1904 to 1917. Both are for a Color Sergeant. :) Sarge

I concur, but also would suggest that there be a separate USN forum to gather up all of the Naval Militaria posts which get lost amongst all the other boards.

I concur, but also would suggest that there be a separate USN forum to gather up all of the Naval Militaria posts which get lost amongst all the other boards.

Dear Salvaga Sailor: I too agree, the Navy could use a separate forum, but its up to others to also put the suggestion forward. [battery Quartermaster Sergeant (3 chrons & 1 bar) and Master Electrician (red chevrons and white lightening-bolts)] think.gif Sarge

post-837-1203139055.jpg

post-837-1203139070.jpg

I agree, would love to see a USN/USCG rating badge and "marks" separate folder. Navy rating badge entries in the Shoulder Sleeve Insignia folder seems out of place at times.

-dan

I agree, would love to see a USN/USCG rating badge and "marks" separate folder. Navy rating badge entries in the Shoulder Sleeve Insignia folder seems out of place at times.

-dan

GNENTLEMEM: I see your point about Navy rates in with Army shoulder sleeve insignia, at least attention is now on in forming a new category, something good comes out of these posting and suggestings.

(Electrician, Sergeant First Class, Army Service School - green chevrons, etc.)(Troop Supply Sergeant, 3 chevrons and a bar below). thumbsup.gif Sarge Booker of Tujunga, California

post-837-1203270329.jpg

post-837-1203270395.jpg

GNENTLEMEM: I see your point about Navy rates in with Army shoulder sleeve insignia, at least attention is now on in forming a new category, something good comes out of these posting and suggestings.

(Electrician, Sergeant First Class, Army Service School - green chevrons, etc.)(Troop Supply Sergeant, 3 chevrons and a bar below). thumbsup.gif Sarge Booker of Tujunga, California

I'm sorry to point out that your Electrician Sergeant First Class is a reproduction. Here's what a real one should look like.

post-1384-1203274479.jpg

craig_pickrall

If you look at the Reference Sections there are separate sections for Uniforms of the 4 major branches. The sections are also divided from combat and dress and inside those sections is further division. As for web gear the REF SECTS are divided by type of gear and all branches are lumped together. It is hard to separate some items by brach so like things are kept together.

Salvage Sailor

Aloha Craig,

Right you are, but as I pm'ed you last month, I can't post in the USN reference sections without permission. So if there are any germane posts by members, they'll have to be gathered up by the moderators from the other boards & then listed in the appropriate REF sections.

I understand the reasoning for this vis a vis managing the boards, but if you look at the USN sections (and USAF sections) there's not much listed. The preponderance of REF info is USA/USMC at present.

Pardon me for the off-topic reply on this thread.

I'm sorry to point out that your Electrician Sergeant First Class is a reproduction. Here's what a real one should look like.

Aloha, John: Had no way of knowing? That is why it is better we all network and educate each other; when you go to eBay Auctions and see sellers offering 1902 chevrons by the boatload, you have to wonder as they're pulling down top dollar and how difficult is it for them to go to the Indian Sub-Continent as they appear to use the same sort of wool anc cotten fabrics of yesteryear, unfortunately! Here is a Master Electrician I picked up, those are great looking chevrons you have. Fortunately I paid very little in trade for these things. I see regular websites where they are reprodicing U.S. Civil War, Indian Wars, and 1898 chevrons and want top dollar for copies too! crying.gif Sarge Booker (POST SCRIPT: Saw this khaki one showing front and back, wondered about it too? It is on eBay right now).

post-837-1203278412.jpg

post-837-1203278785.jpg

post-837-1203278816.jpg

Two chevrons for (Sergesnt) Drum Major, light blue for 1902-1904 Infantry and white for Infantry 1904 and afterward. ;) Sarge Booker

post-837-1203305217.jpg

post-837-1203305287.jpg

Aloha, John: Had no way of knowing? That is why it is better we all network and educate each other; when you go to eBay Auctions and see sellers offering 1902 chevrons by the boatload, you have to wonder as they're pulling down top dollar and how difficult is it for them to go to the Indian Sub-Continent as they appear to use the same sort of wool anc cotten fabrics of yesteryear, unfortunately! Here is a Master Electrician I picked up, those are great looking chevrons you have. Fortunately I paid very little in trade for these things. I see regular websites where they are reprodicing U.S. Civil War, Indian Wars, and 1898 chevrons and want top dollar for copies too! crying.gif Sarge Booker (POST SCRIPT: Saw this khaki one showing front and back, wondered about it too? It is on eBay right now).

Both of these chevrons are good.