WWI US equipment purchased from long-time collector

k bandow

You have a nearly complete pack and gear assembly for an infantryman circa 1918 ... probably a little too late to take part to the war in France, but nonetheless in excellent condition B)

Thanks for all the replies, gentlemen! I guess I did alright then ^_^ . I think my favorite piece is the bayonet with the kill notches in it. Now I was curious about the shelter half. To answer your question everforward, I looked and couldn't find a date on the shelter half. The thing has absolutely no wear, just a few marks from storage. Seems unissued. And if the tent pole and pegs are dated, I am not sure where to look. Definitely learning as I go along, so any help is appreciated!

My WW1 poles are stamped with blue/purple ink on the wood. It looks like it was probably stamped by hand as some of the stamps are smudged as if the pole moved while being rolled. I don't think I have ever seen a tent pin with manufacture markings. Shelter halves are typically marked either on the crown seam or in one of the ground corners.

That is a very nice display!

It appears the 1903 still retains the earlier one bolt stock?

That it does, RustyCanteen. Very proud of the '03, got it from the same man as all this equipment.

There are more pics of it in this thread:

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/129119-1910-dated-m1903-springfield/