WWII Couples Studio Photos

bobgee

I love these type of portrait photos and yours is a very nice one!

I will post one of mine and if it is an intrusion please let me know.

Mike

post-1387-1203033660.jpg

May2_42_Polk.jpg

First Sergeant and Mrs. Petrovich on their wedding day. Walter and Amelia were married on May 2, 1942 in the post chapel at Camp Polk, Louisiana. Amelia worked in a war plant in the Los Angeles, California area while her husband served overseas. First Sergeant Petrovich served with Headquarters, 3rd Battalion, 36th Armored Infantry Regiment, 3rd Armored Division. More of his photos can be seen here: http://36thair3ad.homestead.com/HQ3dBn36thAIR.html

Fred Borgmann
Glad you like Bobgee. here are a couple more for the thread.

Mike

Here are a few more Wisconsin couples fresh from the hitching post. This one is from Manitowoc.

post-591-1203188728.jpg

Fred Borgmann
This pair is from Oshkosh

And finally a couple from Wisconsin Rapids. Sorry but I don't know who any of them were since all are antiqu mall finds.

post-591-1203189038.jpg

As we are taking a tour of Wisconsin, here's one from Milwaukee, October 8, 1941. The soldier was stationed at Presidio of Monterey, Calif., where the couple had their first home together. The other couple are the witnesses, his brother and her sister.

post-1963-1203191321.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

How right you are. The fly boys had all the perks..lol

Here is a Nick Cage look alike that I scanned from the original negative.

Mike

Here is my contribution, a nice photo of an ATC aircrew member. Have you noticed how many of these photos are USAAF?

]

post-1387-1204693945.jpg

These are so cool.

It's kind of sad that so many of these have gotten away from the families.

Last November was the first time I had seen a photo of my grandmother as a young girl. She has been dead for years and the photos were in the possession of my now elderly aunt who mailed them to my mother. It was strange as I had only seen her, and remembered her, as an old woman.

Keep them coming.

• 8 months later...

This is indeed a very interesting thread! These wedding/couple photos are really neat. I just acquired my first couples wedding photo today. This belonged to a Hispanic fellow in the Army Ground Forces Reserves named, George C. Romero. He sure found and married a nice lady. thumbsup.gif

- Jeff

post-1090-1225918702.jpg

• 3 years later...

Got this one for my armor photo collection.
A large format wedding photo of a 13th AD GI and his bride.
Unfortunately not identified but a very nice photo anyway.

The happy couple ...

Close up of his insignia ...

Erwin

post-22-0-31990400-1400532775.jpg

post-22-0-49086700-1400532777.jpg

post-22-0-49416500-1400532781.jpg

Jack's Son

Gee! A thread from when life was easier!! :lol: Erwin.....how did you even remember this thread was available??? :w00t:

Great topic, let revive it, this one a wedding in Philidephia, the ones on the right are the bride and groom, the left the best man and maid of honor.

post-34986-1339043113.jpg

Two of a kind, a dating couple both in a unit or at least assigned to units at the New Orleans Port of Embarkation, they in fact married during the war, this photo was posted by the couple's Grandaughter.

post-34986-1339043925.jpg

Wedding & 50th Anniv photos of Cpl Rufus Clay Jr (Milton WVa) & bride Janice A. Hilbert (Huntington WVa). Cpl. Clay was with A Troop, 93rd Cavalry Reconaissance Squadron, 13th Armored Division. Married Sept., 21, 1944. Sadly, both are passed now, both within 6 years after there 50th anniversery.

Of special note is the DI worn by Cpl Clay, any ideas of this DI ?

post-34986-1339044294.jpg