2Nd Armored In Europe Re-Enacting Event France 2014

hbtcoveralls

hbtcoveralls

Recruiting now for the 2nd Armored in Europe WWII re-enacting event in France 2014. The 2nd Armored in Europe, with a formidable reputation for historical accuracy and truly amazing events, is pulling out all the stops for 2014. Follow the route of the original 2nd Armored from France into Belgium fighting a running engagement with Germans along the way. M-4 tank platoon, m-5 Stuart platoon, Recon company with Armored cars and Jeeps and a full armored infantry company. Participants from the United States especially wanted. Looking for people who are experienced re-enactors and can do 10 days living in the field. This event, still in the planning will be in September 2014. For a preview of the kind of event this will be please see the 2nd Armored's website.

http://www.2ndarmoredineurope.co.uk/

For further information and to become involved, Please PM myself and I'll put you in contact with the local representitives from your area. This opportunity cannot be missed. If you do you'll always wish you had gone.

Tom Bowers

To whet your appetite, here's a couple of nice bits from 2AiE's re-creation of the attack on the De Hattert Castle near Venray in the South of the Netherlands. This happened during last week's "7th On The Move" tour, where 2AiE commemorated the 7th Armored Division's fighting there in September/October 1944. 104 men, 2 Sherman Tanks, a Recon Platoon, an Armored Infantry Platoon in Halftracks, and part of CCB's HQ. Much smaller than the plan for 2014!

Part of the column stalled on the road by 88mm fire:

391592_10151074969956697_715181431_n.jpg

And a video from an Armored Infantryman's point of view of the aborted attack:

If you like what you see and you're from the US, get in touch with Tom, our man on the ground there.

Cheers,

Glen.

Some more for you from last week's 2AiE "7th On The Move" trip...

23AIB/87RCN River Assault team on the move... 6 original WWII US assault boats at 0715hrs in the pouring rain up some Dutch canal to get to no-man's land in the marshes...

3175_445157952192279_79565288_n.jpg

untitled3.jpg

untitled2.jpg

550584_451029318282738_1197389922_n.jpg

Now picture a daylight river assault with Sherman support, but being mortared by the Germans in the French town on the other bank of the Somme... THAT'S what we're looking at pulling off as part of the 2014 trip... B)

Cheers,

Glen.

• 2 weeks later...

for photos from the latest 2nd Armored event to to http://7thonthemove.webklik.nl/page/7th-on-the-move

There's really nothing like these trips and the 2014 event is going to be Epic. 5 or 6 Shermans, a Stuart platoon, Armored infantry company and Armored recon company. Opposed fire tacticals with German re-enactors, Assault boat river crossing. Full immersion for 10 days in France and Belgium. DO NOT Miss out on this event! PM me and I'll get you more information.

Tom Bowers

Unit commanders, give your guys the opportunity of a lifetime and post the links and our contact information in you newsletters or websites.

Hmm, I've noticed that Ferdinand hotlinked the those photos straight from my FB gallery. They don't show up in my Firefox browser for some reason. They do show up when using Internet Explorer though.

• 1 month later...

back to the top, We are now looking at as many as 15 WWII US tanks plus 20 halftracks and a full recon company too. So much that it's really too much to tell. Not too late to get involved still recruiting! PM me for more details

Tom Bowers

• 7 months later...
hbtcoveralls

The applications are ready. Anyone who is interested in this unprecedented opportunity Please contact me by PM and I'll get you the information

Tom Bowers

US contact

2nd Armored in Europe.

No time like the present! Event kicks off August 2014!

Wish I could! But I already have plans...and next year will be the 70th anniversary of D-Day!