WWII Lt. Colonels Uniform

Collector .45

Collector .45

This uniform is from a grouping I recently purchased. It included the trunk, two Ike Jackets with undershirts, the chocolate dress uniform with pants, jacket, undershirt, tie and two garrison caps. It also came with his old fixed bail Captains helmet and a container with every piece of insignia he ever owned. I'm not quite sure what the group is worth. Please Let me know if you have any thoughts.

post-104196-0-66579700-1349648634_thumb.jpg

post-104196-0-19176600-1349648668_thumb.jpg

post-104196-0-38996400-1349648749_thumb.jpg

Very nice -- is there a name you can research? If there is, you can considerably enhance the value.

G

Collector .45

The name is Lt. Colonel Raymond John Sheehy. He entered service shortly after the Pearl Harbor attack as an enlisted man. After about six months, he switched into officers school. He rose to the rank of Lt. Colonel serving in the 9th Infantry Divisions Headquarters. I'm not quite sure if he actually fought or he was a paper pusher. Regardless, it's a very nice grouping to be able to purchase. Another thing is that his son, whom sold me the group on a craigslist ad, worked in the same workshop in northern Minnesota on the iron range, for fifteen years with my great uncle; small world. It's nice that I was able to buy it.