Reproduction WWII M1 Carbine 50 Round Boxes

101CH47

I recently stumbled on these reproduction M1 Carbine ammunition boxes offered on eBay and after receiving them I was impressed with the work that had gone into them. I firmly believe anyone looking for reproductions of these boxes will be completely satisfied with these.

They arrive with a detailed set of assembly instructions.

http://i676.photobuc...bine/Box1-1.jpg

These are available with either Winchester or Lake City markings, lot numbers are stamped as per the originals.

http://i676.photobuc...bine/Box2-1.jpg http://i676.photobuc...arbine/Box8.jpg

One feature that impressed me was the flap that would be glued came with a self-adhesive strip, no messing around with glue or glue sticks to put these together.

Another nice touch that will calm the fears of those concerned with reproductions is that each box is marked with the makers name and the year on tab C.

http://i676.photobuc...arbine/Box3.jpg

Fifty rounds of carbine ammunition fits perfectly in the box and these will stack nicely in a 30 caliber ammunition box for storage.

http://i676.photobuc...arbine/Box5.jpg

http://i676.photobuc...arbine/box7.jpg

The seller’s eBay name is silverplate; boxes sell for 3 for $5.00 which includes free shipping within the United States. My order was paid for through PayPal and the boxes arrived in just a few days.

Also for those of us looking for a quality reproduction of 1911 50 round boxes those are in production. Two labels will be available, Frankford Arsenal and Evansville-Chrysler. The process will take about a month, and they too will be sold on eBay.

They look really good

I've had thoughts along similar lines myself for a while - as I bought some repro'd 30-06 card boxes to use for some of my range ammo when the A4 gets out to play - but when I received them they'd been made (for some strange reason) to only accept blank sized rounds: any correct sized cartridges with bullets in them were too long!

I'd be interested in knowing if anyone IS making the copies of the 20-rd boxes for the 30-06 ammo - if not, I may have to sacrifice a couple of my worst condition originals to get the template size needed for a knife to use with my clicker press

I'd be interested in knowing if anyone IS making the copies of the 20-rd boxes for the 30-06 ammo - if not, I may have to sacrifice a couple of my worst condition originals to get the template size needed for a knife to use with my clicker press

I have emailed the maker of these with that very question earlier, hopefully I will hear from him soon about that. May be a project he would be interested in after finishing the 1911 boxes. I would be particularly interested in a number 30 Cal 20 round boxes marked for AP.

As I said - it IS something I have considered myself if only for my own amusement!

The killer would be the cost of the speciall knife for the clicker press - BUT - once that was sorted out it'd never wear out as it'd only be cutting card.

My 20-rd boxes seem to be quite generic in size - much of a likeness to each other with the differences being the type of label pasted onto them - some of mine are AP, others Lake City Match stuff

As I said - my interest would be as a curio & for range use as I feel they'd be more in keeping with the spirit of the 2 rifles I have than a modern MTM offering.

And of course, IF they were home-made then all I'd lose if they were damaged/lost is the price of a piece of card

May have to dig my originals out tomorrow to have a look & do some measuring.

I've also wondered about the same box but for the M19 Buckshot ammo as I'm making repros of that round using CBC Magtech brass.

As per the 30-M1 carbine boxes - I have some old WW2 ones but they are commercial made "Lend-Lease" types with brighter colours than the repro./GI issue versions.

I spoke with the maker this afternoon and due to the variety of ways 30 cal was packaged he was not considering making those.

The carbine boxes are very professionally done.

Corpsmancollector

Thanks for posting this. Pending if the seller will ship to England, I'll definitely pick some up as they look great!

Will

They look really good

I've had thoughts along similar lines myself for a while - as I bought some repro'd 30-06 card boxes to use for some of my range ammo when the A4 gets out to play - but when I received them they'd been made (for some strange reason) to only accept blank sized rounds: any correct sized cartridges with bullets in them were too long!

Just curious as to where you purchased the 30-06 boxed for blanks, as they would be perfect for reenacting.

Thanks!

Bill K.

They look really good

Just curious as to where you purchased the 30-06 boxes sized for blanks? Been looking for something to store loose rounds in for reenacting.

Thanks!

Bill K.

• 3 years later...

Just wanted to post a photo of my full line of replica cartons. Since the original replica carbine cartons were mentioned here, I have decided to concentrate on filling a need for re-enactors and collectors who wanted ammo cartons that looked original, when originals were getting harder to find and expensive. Since starting in 2011, I have sold over 7,500 cartons of all types, and have shipped them around the world. They are made by a collector, for collectors.

The .30-06 Incendiary carton is next, followed by a 20 round .45ACP M1911 carton. Next year I may tackle the 10 round .50 caliber M2 cartons. Please contact me if you have any questions, or ideas for future items. Regards, Charlie

post-162630-0-10376200-1471660988_thumb.jpg