Mk II Grenade

NKina91

Hey guys. I got this in a trade today. It looks like its the orininal paint on it. The fuse is a M10a3. It is inert so dont worry. Can anyone help confirm or help with with how old it is and if it is original? It is marked with an AF for american fireworks company and a D.

Thanks,

Nick

post-2204-1349056717.jpg

post-2204-1349056766.jpg

Your MK-2 is a later manufactured WW2 grenade. It has a solid bottom and was probably made after 1943. The earlier MK-2s had a threaded plug in the bottom. These threaded plugs were eliminated around 1942 I believe. Great looking WW2 MK-2, and yes, they are very desireable. The can is also very nice!!

Chris

Nick, Look's like a nice WWII body with the correct markings & paint. Any original WWII fuse assembly & body (drilled or solid) are hard to find. The markings on top of the spoon look to be late or post war. The one item that is pretty rare is the orange fiber washer that set's between the fuse & body which you have. If you get a chance can you take a closer photo of the fiber container lid to try and ID if it's also WWII. Congrats on a nice pick up, Look's great...... :thumbsup:

Thanks for the responses guys! Is there any other way to determine if the fuse is ww2 or not? Here are the requested pictures of the canister.

post-2204-1349118713.jpg

The fiber container lids are correct although it's too bad someone look's to have scratched in dummy & did the same lining through the "frag" stamp. Obviously done to hopefully let people know to not be alarmed of its content. Pull pin look's good. The fuse look's to be a good WWII period manufacture with the correct crimp marking where the detonator would have been attached. If you ever take the spoon off, you might see a no. casted into the inside of the bouchon. If you could find an earlier spoon which has the nomenclature stamped instead of ink marked, I would think it would ad to more of a correct WWII display. The way it set's for now look's nice & once again, Congrats..........