"M1951" wool chevrons...

Blitzbuggy12

I have seen a couple of references on the web and ebay to "M1951" wool chevrons. I know when they dropped the combat/non combat type they went to the OD embriodered on blue twill in 1951. Did they also make a wool version?? One picture of the supposed "M1951" wool chevrons I saw looked an awful lot like the WWII issue embriodered green on felt type w/ the mesh backing...

No, I don't think so. I believe all the felt backings were pre-1948.

That's right. WWII types on wool and Korean War era types on twill and there is no 3 stripe Sergeant on the twill type.

I do believe I seen in person way back when in the mid 70s when in the first bout of collecting Army patches a pair WOVEN OD on Blue Army chevrons, Sergeant or what was know before the regs change as Staff Sergeant, and another time Master Sergeant, heck I might bought one of those pair, (I sold my entire first group of stuff as early as the fall of 1978, I wanted lots of money to hang out and party :w00t: I was a few months into being 17, of course well over 30 years later now, I do regret doing that. ) Thinking back on this know the only thing I could think of is that they were a varient in the style of the older White/Silver on Black types, made for however briefly? Don't think that they were German made though that could be possibile.