1886 Navy Rates

hhbooker2

Thanks sarge,

Your wright, the navy rates thru me off, but I believe I pay $95.00 for both, so I think I still did good. Those master at arm rates aren't too common. They look what 1920's?

Jason

Jason,

Your CMAA 1905-1921.

-dan from chilly Port Elgin, Ontario

Jason,

Your CMAA 1905-1921.

-dan from chilly Port Elgin, Ontario

DAN: Take it you're not in Ontario, California? Here is a repro of an 1886 First Class Pharmacist's Mate that someone sent me, they got it from Sialkot, Pakistan. As you can see it is embroidered skillfully on lightweight canvas cloth. This is the front view, you'll be surprised to see that back of this reproduction rate, Dan! Not sure if I should destroy it or send it to the Naval History Center at the Washington Navy Yard for "museum copy?" ermm.gif Sarge Booker of Tujunga, California where it is anything but chilly - hot, hot, hot!

post-837-1207094840.jpg

DAN: Take it you're not in Ontario, California? Here is a repro of an 1886 First Class Pharmacist's Mate that someone sent me, they got it from Sialkot, Pakistan. As you can see it is embroidered skillfully on lightweight canvas cloth. This is the front view, you'll be surprised to see that back of this reproduction rate, Dan! Not sure if I should destroy it or send it to the Naval History Center at the Washington Navy Yard for "museum copy?" ermm.gif Sarge Booker of Tujunga, California where it is anything but chilly - hot, hot, hot!

I'd send it to the museum to be marked as a "Repro".

Good copy. Can't really tell, are the chevrons "puffed"?

-dan

I'd send it to the museum to be marked as a "Repro".

Good copy. Can't really tell, are the chevrons "puffed"?

-dan

DAN: Quite right, hopefully the naval museum can find a polace for it. Yes, there is a small ammount of padding underneath the chevrons I believe. But, isn't it frightening that someone in Pakistan can reproduce something that might look too good out there? crying.gif Sarge Booker

post-837-1207161415.jpg