New Arrivals

Bobby

I was in the 18th. I hav the subdued version but I'm not sure if I have the colored one. What are the bottom three and the top center?

Here's something I picked up WHen I was assigned to the 821st at Ellsworth in 1971:

scan0003-10.jpg

scan0002-9.jpg

scan0004-8.jpg

Those are super, Bobby. I am guessing you are the Bobby that stopped often at my table back when I worked the Ft. Worth show, is that correct? I have a patch perhaps you can help me identify. It is the Security Services device but embroidered on a 4 inch tall and 8 inches across black background. Thanks, TEXCEN (EMIL from Austin)

post-2310-1348870879.jpg

The Top center is the 410th SPS at K.I Sawyer MIchigan

The bottom 3 left to right are 3290th Technical Training Group I think Lackland.. Next is ( probably a Morale patch) 51st SPS Osan AB Korea..Next is a 1St SPS deployment patch..I would say Gulf War 91

I got to Ellsworth in 74..44th Missile Security Squadron..Never seen any patches other than a SAC patch..Back then I didnt collect patches tho..I have a 821st CDS and SPS

Those are super, Bobby. I am guessing you are the Bobby that stopped often at my table back when I worked the Ft. Worth show, is that correct? I have a patch perhaps you can help me identify. It is the Security Services device but embroidered on a 4 inch tall and 8 inches across black background. Thanks, TEXCEN (EMIL from Austin)

Must be a patch for the back of a Jacket..I never made the FT Worth show..I remember you from either the old Hillsboro or San Antonio show tho..I havent made a show in a several years now..Also I am looking for a 93rd Air Ground Operations Wing patch..Would like color but I will settle for whatever color is available..Actually I need two..

Security Services? When did it become that?

As far as I know it's the emblem for the Security Police, now evidently know as Security Forces. The first qualification badges started showing up as locally made in Germany and brought to the states by a member of our squadron who went to Europe on leave and brought back one for each squadron member who requested one. These were a bit smaller, darker, and somewhat more crudely made than the official ones that showed up later in the clothing sales stores. They were worn on the left side over the pocket and above any ribbons worn.

DSCF0013.jpg

It's possible that the cloth one was meant to be worn on the front of the jacket's left side. 4X8 inches seem to be kind of small for the back of a jacket. It might also be for a hat and could also have been sold to students at the Police school at Lackland.

• 2 months later...