84th Infantry Division at St Vith - "Tried by Fire"

MPage

This clip was uploaded today; it's a well-made presentation by "The Big Picture", with remarks by participants on both sides. Part one (don't think they've uploaded part two yet):

Thanks for posting this link, I will be looking forward to part 2. The 84th is one of my focus divisions. I saw this years ago but, have never found a copy of it.

That is really outstanding-- thanks for finding. Great combat footage, great veteran input (love the 84th vet who, when he served, was 35 y.o. German emigre); and narrated by Paul Newman. Would LOVE to see part 2!

That is really outstanding-- thanks for finding. Great combat footage, great veteran input (love the 84th vet who, when he served, was 35 y.o. German emigre); and narrated by Paul Newman. Would LOVE to see part 2!

Yes I liked Newman as the narrator.

Here's a fascinating obituary on that German emigre, Fritz Kraemer: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries...tz-Kraemer.html

Another VERY good combat overview, especially the participant accounts, but does not appear to be part 2, as it does not involve the 84th Division. This one is pretty much a history of the battles around St. Vith during the Bulge. Will Rogers, Jr. (interviewed inside) is the spitting image of his father and was part of the 814th Tank Destroyer Battalion

Another VERY good combat overview, especially the participant accounts, but does not appear to be part 2, as it does not involve the 84th Division. This one is pretty much a history of the battles around St. Vith during the Bulge. Will Rogers, Jr. (interviewed inside) is the spitting image of his father and was part of the 814th Tank Destroyer Battalion

Yes.

Anyway, here's the right part two:

Haven't watched it yet, but I know it's gonna be good.