PASGT Helmet strapping help

damilitariaguy

damilitariaguy

HI -

I have a PASGT helmet strap that is driving me nuts. If it isn't to much of a bother does someone out there have a pic they would not mind posting to I can get this Chinese finger torture thing unwrapped and on the Helmet correctly...plz !

Thanks

If you have a helmet cover like the one shown and you are going to be wearing it, the mounting straps should attach to the circumference suspension strap, then the sweat band mounted unless you are just displaying it, then mounting it as shown would be no problem.

Wayne

If you have a helmet cover like the one shown and you are going to be wearing it, the mounting straps should attach to the circumference suspension strap, then the sweat band mounted unless you are just displaying it, then mounting it as shown would be no problem.

Wayne

Re my camo cover as above, although it's the correct size for the helmet (L) the velcro tabs are quite short and even when pulled tight will only just reach the suspension cradle with negligible overlap between the hook and pile surfaces. Therefore, it's easier and more effective to fasten them around the headband. It must be a design fault, but as it's only for display purposes it doesn't really matter.