• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
pfrost

help with this ega?

What do the experts think about this EGA? Am I correct that this is a WWI enlisted man's cap badge?

It is a bit dirty and well worn.

What is the ballpark worth of these? I know the prices keep going up. I usually just grab them at the flea market if they are cheap and less than about 10-15 bucks. This one I paid a bit more to get.

The back has a little pin that has been bent over.

Thanks

Patrick

post-1519-1202675467.jpg

post-1519-1202675490.jpg

looks like an M16 WWI cap emblem. these usually fetch 55-85 on eBay, depending on the day

-Brig
GySgt/USMC/0369
RSU-Quantico

"FOR OUR TOMORROWS, THEY GAVE THEIR TODAYS"
RIP
Sgt Jesse 'Jeff Nasty' Balthaser
Sgt John P Huling
Cpl Carlos 'Gilo Monster' Gilorozco
Cpl Stephen C 'Socks' Sockalosky
LCpl Joshua A 'Scottie' Scott
LCpl Jason Lee 'Birdman' Frye
LCpl Nicolas B Morrison
LCpl Jon T Hicks
LCpl Osbrany 'Oz' Montes De Oca
Pvt Lewis T D Calapini
'The SOI 5'

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Patrick,

Actually, your emblems goes a little bit before WWI. This emblem is identified as the M1908 because of the service bronze configuration with screw back.

As for price? If you can buy these for $10-$15, you're way ahead of the game. On eBay, they usually sell from anywhere between $75-$110, but sometimes go for more because of the usual reasons things sell for big money there.

A bit of advice. Don't even think about straightening the anti-roll pin (tack). 95% of the time, they will snap off when trying to straighten them.

Gary

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gif

**PLEASE NOTE: THIS COMMUNITY MEMBER HAS SADLY PASSED AWAY**

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/15996-please-read-gary-mohrlang-glm/

Gary's right, the screwposts in the older emblems are known to pop-off quite easy. I have more than a couple examples this has happened to

-Brig
GySgt/USMC/0369
RSU-Quantico

"FOR OUR TOMORROWS, THEY GAVE THEIR TODAYS"
RIP
Sgt Jesse 'Jeff Nasty' Balthaser
Sgt John P Huling
Cpl Carlos 'Gilo Monster' Gilorozco
Cpl Stephen C 'Socks' Sockalosky
LCpl Joshua A 'Scottie' Scott
LCpl Jason Lee 'Birdman' Frye
LCpl Nicolas B Morrison
LCpl Jon T Hicks
LCpl Osbrany 'Oz' Montes De Oca
Pvt Lewis T D Calapini
'The SOI 5'

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Thanks gentlemen,

I learned a long time ago not to "fix" anything.

Appreciate the assistance.

Patrick

Fellow forum members:

You are in the EGA "reference section". This area is were posts from the EGA "discussion section" are moved for permanent retention and education about the history of the Eagle, Globe and Anchor. As time moves forward there maybe additional information the EGA Moderators wish to add or will add to this specific post. We ask for your input as well.

We encourage further comments about this post and its content. In order to do so, you will need to start a new post in the "EGA discussion area" which is listed in the main page under insignia. And as needed we will be pleased to move any new and or valued information that is derived from your post (and subsequent comments) into this reference area as its own standing post.

Please be advised; posting and or editing is restricted on this post to moderator's and forum staff

The bended knee is not a tradition of our Corps. (General A. A. Vandegrift, USMC, 5 May 1946)