Distinguished Service Cross

Javelin4life

Hey everyone,

I recently went to the local gunshow by me, and I'm happy to say that I've been able to add to my collection a Distinguished Service Cross with the signature Robbins strike black brooch that's in beautiful conditon. I have seen this cross at this gunshow in the past, but the seller had removed it from his table due to his fear/misinterpretation of the Stolen Valor Act. However, with the act being repealed as of June 28th, he felt comfortable enough to display it for sale again, and I jumped at the opportunity. I know that to the more seasoned hands on the forum have amazing items in their collection that they consider to be their stand-out items in both the financial and sentimental aspect; now I can say the same with my latest acquisition. As always, opinions and comments are always welcome :)

Alex

post-19935-1348354468.jpg

post-19935-1348354473.jpg

Too Much WW1 Militaria

Nice Robbins, they are getting harder to find. The last one I found set me back $200, and was found in a antique store in Alaska of all places. Good find!

John

I have two Robbins DSC's in my collection, and consider them to be the "state of the art" WWII production piece. No collection should be without an example!

Good job! :thumbsup:

U.S. medal collector

Yes, the Robbins strike is a great medal to have in a WW2 collection. I have eight of them in my collection in the DSC presentation cases with the lapel rosette and three of them have the lapel bar also. 6 of them have the thinner white stripe and two of them have the wider white stripe like the one you have pictured.

Yes, the Robbins strike is a great medal to have in a WW2 collection. I have eight of them in my collection in the DSC presentation cases with the lapel rosette and three of them have the lapel bar also. 6 of them have the thinner white stripe and two of them have the wider white stripe like the one you have pictured.

:oI didn't know you collected US Medals??? :emba0005:

I have two Robbins DSC's in my collection, and consider them to be the "state of the art" WWII production piece. No collection should be without an example!

Good job! :thumbsup:

That's one of the things I love about this medal...it's just so well made, and even after all this time, it still looks great :) I'm proud to have it in my collection

Did you add the rosettes?

Hey everyone,

I recently went to the local gunshow by me, and I'm happy to say that I've been able to add to my collection a Distinguished Service Cross with the signature Robbins strike black brooch that's in beautiful conditon. I have seen this cross at this gunshow in the past, but the seller had removed it from his table due to his fear/misinterpretation of the Stolen Valor Act. However, with the act being repealed as of June 28th, he felt comfortable enough to display it for sale again, and I jumped at the opportunity. I know that to the more seasoned hands on the forum have amazing items in their collection that they consider to be their stand-out items in both the financial and sentimental aspect; now I can say the same with my latest acquisition. As always, opinions and comments are always welcome :)

Alex

Can you show the details of the manufacturer's signature? Jack

"Signature" as in distinguishing characteristic, not literally a "signature." The black brooch is a distinguishing characteristic of a Robbins DSC.

That's what I figured was the stand out characteristic...that's why I got a little confused when siling asked for the signature :think: Thanks for clearing that up :)