5.56 XM195 Blanks

404015263.jpg

404015260.jpg

404015254.jpg

Today I hit a Estate sale sitting in a box of junk in the garage was this little gem.....

I have been collecting since 1965 and it is the First box of Grenade Launching blanks

I have ever had in this caliber...head stamp L.C 67

M16. Wasn't a huge success as a grenade launching platform.

but the M203 solved that problem :thumbsup:

-Brig
GySgt/USMC/0369
RSU-Quantico

"FOR OUR TOMORROWS, THEY GAVE THEIR TODAYS"
RIP
Sgt Jesse 'Jeff Nasty' Balthaser
Sgt John P Huling
Cpl Carlos 'Gilo Monster' Gilorozco
Cpl Stephen C 'Socks' Sockalosky
LCpl Joshua A 'Scottie' Scott
LCpl Jason Lee 'Birdman' Frye
LCpl Nicolas B Morrison
LCpl Jon T Hicks
LCpl Osbrany 'Oz' Montes De Oca
Pvt Lewis T D Calapini
'The SOI 5'

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

I believe there is a section in the UCMJ that states: When Military, or retired Military personal speak of Weapons , and/or Ordinance, a picture of said Weapon or Ordinance must accompany the post!

What's an M203? :dunno:

**PLEASE NOTE: THIS COMMUNITY MEMBER HAS SADLY PASSED AWAY**

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/301020-robin-ray/

but the M203 solved that problem :thumbsup:

I know the 203 was mounted under the M16 but I've never seen a picture of the barrel mounted launcher that would require the blanks. Does anyone have a picture of one?

donation2013.gif

GOD Bless Texas And All That Serve Her

I know the 203 was mounted under the M16 but I've never seen a picture of the barrel mounted launcher that would require the blanks. Does anyone have a picture of one?

The 5.56 blank was used in the M16 there is a clip that attaches behind the flash hider so that rifle grenades can be fired off it as on the M1 Garand or M14 rifles this was before there were under barrel launchers..... most likely with the aluminum recievers it beat the hell out of the gun hence the development of the underbarrel 40 mm launcher......

Actually , I believe they were used with the Grenade retainer spring that was made for the M16/16A1 rifles. It mounted just behind the flash suppressor to hold the old type of rifle/signal grenade items and adapters. The grenades, etc., were launched similar to those items shot from the Garand, carbine, M14, etc., with grenade cartridges. I don't believe it was very good idea and was seldom used.

The clip is not needed to launch grenades (the flash hider itself is the grenade launcher). The clip simply keeps the grenade from sliding off if the rifle is not kept in the elevated position.

Yes the flash hider is the launcher the clip does more than just keep it from falling off.... like most grenade launchers friction determines flight distance... on Garand launchers there are gradients on the tube you set the base of the grenade tube on a gradient to determine distance if it is all the way down to the base of the launcher the father it is going to fly because of the resistance given by the spring so if you try to gage and put the grenade half way up shorter the distance...... more to it than just a hold it on there so it don't fall off.....

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.