ORGINAL WWII SET OF USMC DOG TAGS

Bellumbill

Hey, all, just picked these up to add to my collection:

Just curious, does anyone know where I can find info. on this marine? I see on this site from time to time fellow collectors will post info. they have run down on some USMC item that they have purchased. I know about NARA for US Army info. but don't know where to go for WWII marines.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Very best,

Bill K.

post-50776-0-03514700-1400091616.png

Just curious, does anyone know where I can find info. on this marine? I see on this site from time to time fellow collectors will post info. they have run down on some USMC item that they have purchased. I know about NARA for US Army info. but don't know where to go for WWII marines.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Very best,

Bill K.

Nice tags, congrats on the purchase!

The best way I know of to find info on marines is the Ancestry.com muster rolls. I did find a George N. Drake, but I don't have an ancestry account, so I cant view the documents. However there are many great members on this site who may be able to look them up for you. Here is a link for anyone who has an account and can help.

http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll...gAAEQQCUa68-61-

looks like he reached the rank of Corporal, and spent the duration of the war in Marine Barracks Detachment, Boston Naval Yards

looks like he reached the rank of Corporal, and spent the duration of the war in Marine Barracks Detachment, Boston Naval Yards

Wow! Guys, now that is some fast turn around on info., thank you so much!!!

Brig - where did you get your info.? I have a lot of named USMC stuff, I'd love to have a place where I could go to find info.

Thanks again!

Very best,

Bill K.

ancestry.com

they offer a 2 week free trial, so when you have a free weekend, you can knock a lot of it out while it's free

ancestry.com

they offer a 2 week free trial, so when you have a free weekend, you can knock a lot of it out while it's free

Brig. -

Thanks! I will do just that!!

Very best!

Bill K.