Unknown High Quality Airborne SSI

Bill Scott

Any ideas on this beauty I have seen it somewhere but the brain is fuzzy.The bullion skull is killer with green thread highlites the para canopy is fine white hair thread silk just quality all over.Any help is appreciated.Scotty

img401.jpg

vintageproductions

Bill-I have only ever seen a beercan of this insignia.

I believe it is a special forces insignia, either a B detachment or Earth Angel, I can't remember which.

Scotty,

I have always been under the impression it is an Earth Angel piece. I'm pretty sure that's how they were listed in a VICN, but I'll probably never be able to find the article. I have only ever known them to be beercan plaque pieces. I believe this one actually came from Bob.

post-2063-1348059794.jpg

Here are some other Earth Angel type units I believe. The three on black cardboard came straight from Cecil Smyth. This is how he had them displayed on his boards.

Hunter

post-2063-1348059884.jpg

I'll bite..can someone enlighten me on what "Earth Angel" is?

Good guy Vietnamese dressed up like bad guy Vietnamese. Just enter Earth Angel Vietnam in a google search and several pages of information come up.

IH

Very cool. I don't think I've ever seen insignia that's specifically from the Earth Angel program.

Good guy Vietnamese dressed up like bad guy Vietnamese. Just enter Earth Angel Vietnam in a google search and several pages of information come up.

Yup. More specifically it was NVA "ralliers" who turned against the North.

Very cool. I don't think I've ever seen insignia that's specifically from the Earth Angel program.

Yup. More specifically it was NVA "ralliers" who turned against the North.

Yeah, it's amazing how intertwined all those psyops programs were. The reading is fascinating.

IH

• 7 years later...

Luckily that seems to be a different patch. Clearly they read this thread and got the beercan photo and information from here but thankfully this isn't someone posting the same photos of the patch for fraud.

No one has said this yet, but the submitted patch looks like it was made in Pakistan.

My theory would be that someone saw the design of the plaque pieces and decided to have some repros done up. Saunders Militaria used to do it all the time.

This could possibly be a reunion piece.

But you will note that this fancy patch would not stand up to field wear.

It is the same patch I sold to Bob5gw years ago.The patch came fro Colonel kyle who told me he got it right from the veteran.Scotty

It is the same patch I sold to Bob5gw years ago.The patch came fro Colonel kyle who told me he got it right from the veteran.Scotty

He may very well have gotten from a veteran, but the question would be when and where did the vet pick it up?