Civil Defense greenback

Sergesquadron

The insignia is that of the "U.S. Citizens Service Corps" and was identified from a previous post here on the forum. I've taken the liberty of adding the poster image from that post into this thread.

Allan

post-151-1347983426.jpg

The insignia is that of the "U.S. Citizens Service Corps" and was identified from a previous post here on the forum. I've taken the liberty of adding the poster image from that post into this thread.

Allan

Hello;

Thank you for your information and picture with all the badges she will be very helpful U. S. CIVIL DEFENSE.

serge :thumbsup:

Garth Thompson

Allan

You bad boy, you posted information on that terrible civilian stuff.

Inside joke folks between me and Allan.

Garth

Hello;

I would like your opinion on the letters.

CIVIL

V?

DEFENSE, can you tell me the V, thank you.

serge :think:

After my grandfather died my father gave me arm bands that were his they were the aux fireman ones with the Red Cross. He was a volunteer that may be what the V is for. That’s my best guess.

Garth Thompson
After my grandfather died my father gave me arm bands that were his they were the aux fireman ones with the Red Cross. He was a volunteer that may be what the V is for. That’s my best guess.

I believe that is correct. The "V" was for volunteer.

You bad boy, you posted information on that terrible civilian stuff.

Inside joke folks between me and Allan.

Garth

Garth,

I give your Civil Defense Display a rousing thumbs down! As it's not REAL military, you should just throw it in the trash.

Allan

Thank you :thumbsup:

Serge