Pair of EGA found in Ike Jacket

Hello all

I have no knowledge concerning the EGA or most USMC items so I need the help of you EGA experts out there!

This pair of EGA were in the pocket of a 84th Infantry Division jacket I once bought but I just don't know what they are, when they were used,...

I also have no idea how the pair ended up in that pocket.

So every answer I get here is welcome

These are the pictures

post-60214-1347877183.jpg

post-60214-1347877193.jpg

"In almost all wars, the sight of foreign troops brought fear and terror to the local people, destruction and often senseless killing of local citizens. However, the sight of the American GI always brought smiles and joy to the local French people. They knew we were there to liberate, not to conquer; to help, not to terrorize."

Captain Leo T. Hury, M-Company, 330th Infantry Regiment, 83rd Infantry Division.

In honor of Captain Leo, March 19, 1920 - June 10, 2012

Profile picture: Pfc. John T. DiMauro, E Company, 331st Infantry Regiment

January 23, 1926 - KIA January 13, 1945 near Langlire, Belgium after 11 days on the frontline

Looking for anything related to the 83rd Infantry Division (1917-today)

Visit my personal website: www.normandytothebulge.be

Learn more about the 83rd Infantry Divison assocation at: www.83rdassociation.com

donation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

More pictures

post-60214-1347877239.jpg

post-60214-1347877248.jpg

"In almost all wars, the sight of foreign troops brought fear and terror to the local people, destruction and often senseless killing of local citizens. However, the sight of the American GI always brought smiles and joy to the local French people. They knew we were there to liberate, not to conquer; to help, not to terrorize."

Captain Leo T. Hury, M-Company, 330th Infantry Regiment, 83rd Infantry Division.

January 23, 1926 - KIA January 13, 1945 near Langlire, Belgium after 11 days on the frontline

Learn more about the 83rd Infantry Divison assocation at: www.83rdassociation.com

Last picture

post-60214-1347877286.jpg

So that means these are dated anywhere from 1955 untill today?

Probably not worth a lot but could you give me a number? I have no use for them in my collection which consists of WW2 US Army.

Thanks for your help already.

Thank you for your help

Still wondering how these things ended up in a WW2 84th Infantry Division jacket :)