Killed in action 68 years ago at Peleliu

devildog34

Steven John Glaud was my maternal uncle. He was a younger brother to my mother. A few years ago, his engraved purple heart was stolen from my cousins house. Apparently the purple heart has been sold at least twice since then. We would like to get it back, not sure who presently has it, It has great sentimental value as a true reminder of how my uncle was. He was a true American hero and is clearly remembered in my family. I can give my address and email address if needed

Jim

PM sent

• 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Kevin - As has been said, a very sobering reminder of the ultimate price paid by young warriors in war. Thanks for bringing it back up. R.I.P. PFC Glaud. Semper Fi..................Bob

• 1 year later...

This post never gets old, as more folks get a chance to see it that may have missed it previously. Your research is beyond reproach. Thanks for keeping this brave Marine's memory alive,

For whatever reason it seems Peleliu items seem to not be in collector hands, at least not in my experience. Thanks for the write up and letting everyone see his medal.

Just curious... how accessible is Peleliu and has anyone been there? I know that tours can be taken, but again, it just seems you seldom here of it compared to Iwo, Marines currently being stationed on Okinawa and Guam, etc.