Nicholas Sintetos No. 121 Eagle Squadron

Gary Cain

This uniform is attributed to Mr. Sintetos by the tag that was in the pocket. Also the jacket was originally bought in the hometown of Mr. Sintetos and the jacket is consistent with his rank while flying with the RAF. But, as with all things militaria. It was not bought from the family so ironclad provenance is missing.

Gary

post-96-1202595850.jpg

This uniform is attributed to Mr. Sintetos by the tag that was in the pocket. Also the jacket was originally bought in the hometown of Mr. Sintetos and the jacket is consistent with his rank while flying with the RAF. But, as with all things militaria. It was not bought from the family so ironclad provenance is missing.

Gary

post-96-1202595871.jpg

I'll echo Dom's comments. It ireally is a fantastic tunic. It is also interesting that it is Canadian, but that the titles aren't the far more common "Canada/ USA" titles, though there is no doubt the tunic is original.

Any additional info on the former owner?

Allan

• 10 years later...

I know this post is 10 years old, but Gary I sent you a PM. Nicholas was the brother of George Sintetos, who by chance served in the same unit as my relative during the war (F. Co., 145th IR). There is also a period article that I found about Nicholas.

If you write the Canadian Government, they will provide you information regarding the individual. It takes a bit of time, but they will come through. I did this with my brother. Jack