My private office ...

etienne

Hello gents,

just a little display of some dog tags I have in my collection ... beginning with Iwo Jima vets

post-17306-0-17272800-1430833842.jpgpost-17306-0-85510200-1430833958.jpg

now Marine raiders ...

post-17306-0-98125300-1431071835.jpg

and last but not least, a Belleau Wood vet ... one of my favorite dog tags pair, just because the owner fought just a few miles from where I live !!

1a531.jpg

Hope you enjoy, E

• 2 months later...

Hello gents,

took me some time to gather everything, but now I can display two USN sailors with complete deck outfit, helmet and life vest ...

100_4418.jpg

Detail of the shoes, boondockers on the left, low-quarter service shoes, frequently used as everyday footwear on deck, on the right ... everything is wwii dateed or identified.

100_4420.jpg

And last but not least, the same with another mate, with a late war kapok life vest :

100_4419.jpg

Hope you like them B)

Cheers, E

Simply an amazing collection Etienne! ....and so cleverly displayed in such a small area! You have some amazing pieces in your collection, I love the stairway to frogskin heaven! ;)

Rick

Jumpin Jack

Etienne, I have just had the pleasure of viewing your outstanding collection. A great deal of time, energy and thought has gone in it's presentation. I might add you have inspired me with a few of your techniques. Thank you for allowing us to view this incredible collection! Jack Angolia

Hello,

thanks for your comments, gentlemen B) ... displaying sailors was some kind of challenge, but I really pleased with the result.

Jack, it's an honour if some of my ideas inspired you ^_^

It's always a pleasure to share with you ... I found so much informations and saw so much nice displays on USMF, it's just a fair things return.

Regards, E

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

took advantage of the summer holidays to conduct an inventory of my corpsmen supplies ... here is a quick view of what I was able to gather, I wish I was able to roam around the US flea markets and garage sales :rolleyes: ... not much Navy medical items here in France :(

100_4444.jpg
100_4445.jpg
100_4446.jpg

Regards, E

Hi Etienne! I missed your posts of the sailors - amazing display! I know how difficult those items are to find in Europe!! Brilliant! USN medical items are relatively rare here in the UK too...Great display as always! Cheers, Graham

Hello,

took advantage of the summer holidays to conduct an inventory of my corpsmen supplies ... here is a quick view of what I was able to gather, I wish I was able to roam around the US flea markets and garage sales :rolleyes: ... not much Navy medical items here in France :(

100_4444.jpg
100_4445.jpg
100_4446.jpg

Regards, E

Corpsmancollector

Likewise - looking good E! The Navy sailors are fantastic, that must have taken time, patience and a good amount of money to put together!

May have to get your opinion on a chambray shirt and some denims in the future.

All the best

Will

Hi Etienne! I missed your posts of the sailors - amazing display! I know how difficult those items are to find in Europe!! Brilliant! USN medical items are relatively rare here in the UK too...Great display as always! Cheers, Graham

Hello Graham, happy you appreciate the display ... I'm still far from the groupings you presented recently :lol:

Likewise - looking good E! The Navy sailors are fantastic, that must have taken time, patience and a good amount of money to put together!

May have to get your opinion on a chambray shirt and some denims in the future.

All the best

Will

Hello Will, thanks for your comment ... when collecting USN clothes and equipments, besides the trivial stuff, I'd say that patience is an indispensable prerequisite, money not that much if you are able to refuse the "here and now" strategy, there's still some good deals if you are able to avoid Ebay ;)

If you need some advice, don't hesitate ... I don't know everything but if I'd be glad if I can help you.

Cheers, E

Just amazing as always, Etienne! An impressive amount of medical equipment and equally impressive amount of Kapoks! Those seem to be nearly impossible to find, regardless of whether it's France or the United States. :)

• 2 months later...

Hello gents,

I didn't post for a while, trying to gather all the pieces for a deck talker ;) Now it's time to display ...

100_4525.jpg100_4528.jpg

Hope you like it ... E

Superb mannequin as always Etienne, and very unusual! Bravo!

Cheers, Graham

Hello Graham,

thanks for your comment, sailors are an often overlooked topic ... yet very interesting

Here a couple of USN officer's helmets ...

100_4510.jpg

Cheers, E

Hello Graham,

thanks for your comment, sailors are an often overlooked topic ... yet very interesting

Here a couple of USN officer's helmets ...

100_4510.jpg

Cheers, E

Very nice indeed! I haven't seen an officers fire control helmet before. Great display helmets, in wonderful condition congratulations!

Cheers Graham

Supernice Etienne!

Damn, now I want one too!

Can you tell us a little more about the the cap he is wearing and the headset with microphone?

Kind regards,

Stijn

Hello gents,

I didn't post for a while, trying to gather all the pieces for a deck talker ;) Now it's time to display ...

100_4525.jpg100_4528.jpg

Hope you like it ... E

Supernice Etienne!

Damn, now I want one too!

Can you tell us a little more about the the cap he is wearing and the headset with microphone?

Kind regards,

Stijn

Refer to this post. It's kind of new so I don't think you saw it.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/255042-usn-deck-talker-equipment/

Matt