My private office ...

etienne

Just a small preview of my next display, a Navy Corpsman attached to the 5th MarDiv in Iwo Jima ... will be complete in a few weeks, I hope ;)

102_3431.jpg

Corpsmancollector

Top notch Etienne, the new impressions look great! I love that sailor with the Kapok...

I've just finished my first full mannequin, I must get some pictures up.

Hope all is well,

Will

• 2 months later...

Some updates ... ww1 AEF Marine with the newly acquired USMC FA pouch, a late ww2 rifleman and an identified 3rd MarDiv service dress (no SSI, no ribbons, sorry) :

102_3427.jpg

Helmets displayed, two Hawleys, the Bougainville's BARman and other items ...

102_3428.jpg

102_3429.jpg

... and a Corpsman waiting for completion

102_3510.jpg

• 2 months later...
Hello,
I was tidying up a bit in my office when I realized that I had a new pyshological disease ... boondocker's addiction :blink:
See the symptoms, it's incurable said the corpsman ;)
Most are USMC, from 1941 to 1945, the darkest pair in front being Navy, 1944 dated.
102_3718.jpg

Etienne my friend, I've never seen this post until today...what a pleasure perusing through your "office"!

Thanks for sharing with us!

What's up with the BAR? Original/semi-auto/deact? Looks great, just was wondering if that was a 30k+ display or not B)

The BAR is a resin replica ... realistic and nice, don't you think ?

Johan Willaert

BARs cost around 2000 in Europe, sometimes even less... Even deact ones have original receivers and some live firing full autos are legally owned...

BARs cost around 2000 in Europe, sometimes even less... Even deact ones have original receivers and some live firing full autos are legally owned...

You're right, Johan ... I'm looking for a nice early one (1943 or earlier ideally), but not very actively ;) Not found for the moment and this replica is really super nice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello,

I made some arrangements to my collector's room this winter ... remember this room is very small and I have to optimize everytime a new item enters my collection ;)

102_4016.jpg
102_4017.jpg

My last find was a couple of drawer's boxes, for just a few €, to store knives and sheaths ... they have exactly the right dimensions and also allow helmet's display.

On the left box, only USMC knives, lower drawer for red spacers, middle one for Camillus & Kabar early blades and upper one for mid to late war Kabars. The right bow is for USN Mk2 knives and miscellanous items, waiting for a better solution.

102_4018.jpg
102_4019.jpg

For knives enthusiasts, close-up photo of the red spacers' drawer ... Kabars, 1st and 2nd variations, Robeson Shuredge and PAL B)

102_4020.jpg

Hope you enjoy ... regards, E

This is a great! I've looked at this thread once before and don't remember it looking this good. Fantastic! It's a very clean and uncluttered room you have. As far as the sailors life jacket, was that difficult to find?

How about a photo of the print of the navy vessel on the wall?

Mike

This is a great! I've looked at this thread once before and don't remember it looking this good. Fantastic! It's a very clean and uncluttered room you have. As far as the sailors life jacket, was that difficult to find?

Hello Mike,

thanks for your comments. As to the life jacket, I bought it from AGM a few years ago and it's 1943 dated, I think. A centerpiece for any sailor's display ;)

How about a photo of the print of the navy vessel on the wall?

She is the french "contre-torpilleur" (equivalent of a destroyer) Le Guepard ; it's an official photo of the french Navy and a legacy of my grand father who was on board from 1938 to 1942, when she was scuttled in Toulon, just before the arrival of german troops.

leguap11.jpg

So it is not US, but probably one of the most important piece in my room, souvenir of my grand father, who died in 2001, too early.

Regards, E

Even better when there is a family connection such as yours. If you look close you can even see the French flag flying on her in the photo.