My private office ...

etienne

Hello guys,

here is a Marine Raider ready for a short patrol in the jungle of New Georgia, during the summer of 1943.

He wears a full set of P42 utilities, probably for the last time before he ditches them in favor of the lightest P41 dungarees ...

102_3168.jpg

102_3169.jpg

His gear is as light as possible : ammo belt, water and a little musette bag theater made from a meatcan pouch and haversack's straps. His canteen is in a WW1 cover, felt lined but USMC depot made.

102_3166.jpg102_3167.jpg

Corpsmancollector

Etienne,

How have I missed these updates! Amazing! The Navy equipment looks fantastic, what are the shells from? The BAR gunner and Marine Raider are fantastic as well, the mannequin itself looks great.

I'm still working on that postage quote by the way, I'll get it to you asap.

Will

Brian Dentino

Etienne,

Well, now that I have cleaned up all the drool from looking at these great displays I wanted to chime in and say that these are fantastic! Love the torso displays with the Uni marked gear, and the BAR gunner and Raider full displays are just beautiful. Very nice and excellent work. Great collection of USMC gear!

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks guys for your comments B)

The Navy equipment looks fantastic, what are the shells from? The BAR gunner and Marine Raider are fantastic as well, the mannequin itself looks great.

Will, the shells are made of resin ... I bought them raw and just had to do a little painting.

About the mannequin, I acquired it recently and the quality is pretty good for the price ... one of the most interesting feature is it hasn't wiking's measurements so you can use it with regular sized clothes.

• 1 month later...

Hello guys,

I've been busy these days but found a few hours to fiddle my displays ... here is the result B)

To begin, a MAB radioman trying to call for artillery ... hope he succeded ;)

102_3259.jpg

102_3260.jpg

102_3261.jpg

102_3262.jpg

102_3263.jpg

More later in the evening :)

... and to end this week-end's serie, here is my office, now completed with shelves to display helmets.

As you can see, I followed your advice and installed some homemade (by me :) ) curtains to protect my collection from light.

102_3267.jpg

102_3310.jpg

Corpsmancollector

Looking fantastic etienne! The MAB is a very nice piece...And not easy to track down!

Definitely givi me some inspiration for my own war room!

Will

Looking fantastic etienne! The MAB is a very nice piece...And not easy to track down!

Thanks Will, I had one back in the 90s but sold it, needed some cash ... I was lucky to find this, near mint, last year for a fair price B)

Definitely givi me some inspiration for my own war room!

Yours is far larger than mine ... you should be able to build a museum dedicated to Corpsmen ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I had a hard time finding a nice pair of USN low-quarter shoes but now I have, and I can display this sailor, ready for an amphibious operation or waiting for some japanese airstrike ...

102_3423.jpg

102_3424.jpg