My private office ...

etienne

Hello guys,

I waited a long long time before I was able to set my own room ... sort of private office :thumbsup:

Here is just a shot of my USMC time-line ... 1917 to 1944 :

photo_31.jpg

Le caverne de l'homme / the "man-cave"! Très belle! :thumbsup:

Thanks, I worked hard this summer to get it ready for the long winter's days ;)

VERY nice!

Beware the affect of the sun on your artifacts - over time, it will fade them imperceptibly. Then one day, you'll wonder what happened.

Steve

Classy looking room you have there.

I was just about to say that same thing about the sun. However, Steve beat me to it.

If I were you, I would make a dark coloured heavy drill pair of drapes to fold down when you are not in the room. This will prevent sun fading.

It's not just clothing and webbing the sun will fade. Books and prints on walls will also fade.

In my caverne de l'homme (Thanks Sabre) I even went to the drastic measure of covering the window with a book case. Though with about 3,000 books, I needed the extra room, so out went the window!

Thanks guys for your comments ;)

VERY nice!

Beware the affect of the sun on your artifacts - over time, it will fade them imperceptibly. Then one day, you'll wonder what happened.

Steve

Thanks for the advice about sun ... in fact, the light level in this room is very low because the window you see on the photo is not exposed to the outside and I used a light to take photos.

Anyhow, I plan to add a little curtain to protect my collection ;)

• 3 weeks later...
ben où qui sont les '03 :devil:

very nice camarade number1.gif

s :bye1: l.

Salut Sol, my friend,

you're so kind to offer me your WWI Springfield to fill a hole in my display ... thanks !!

;)

• 3 months later...

Since I now have my own room, I acquired a full mannequin to display this BAR gunner I have been planning since a long time ;)

Here is a 1943-44 setup for this Marine, lightly equipped for a patrol in the jungle of Bougainville ... ww1 depot-modified BAR belt, early P41 haversack, depot made shovel cover and P2 canteen.

Hope you enjoy B)

102_3158.jpg

102_3159.jpg

102_3160.jpg

102_3161.jpg

Outstanding my friend ! Your UNIS marked equipment, the torso displays and the layout in general are as mentioned before...very clean B)

The mannequin is top notch and the BAR rounds the display off very well. The detail in the woodwork is very cool. I knew you would nail it.

Do you have a link regarding your modified BAR belt ? I will be searching for one in the near future. I wont hold out for a Corps marked one like in Bagmans last post, now wasnt that something !

Thank you for the link and the images, I am very happy for you and I am still working on mine with updates soon.

Cheers

Sean