Ever felt like calling it quits?!

Sabrejet

blaming the confusion of repros on getting out of the hobby is, in my opinion, just an excuse. As with anything else, research can save you lots of money.

My reasons arent the repros Ive collected Japanese mostly for 20yrs or so back when no one wanted it and would pick up miscellaneous modern and foreign stuff here and there that would catch my eye and was cheap lol.Then people started to realize Japanese stuff was starting sell and the dealers were jacking the prices up and it was getting cut throat ,the comradely was gone.Now with the new items ive started to collect with my sons feels like it happening again .I know money tight for most everyone so that might be it but just seems to be losing the enjoyment factor lately

David

I quit collecting TR items for a few years and switched over to US items, which was a good decision. The TR market has just gotten crazy and its gotten really tough to spot the old repros mixed in with the originals, not to mention prices. I think prices, even on US items, will eventually drive me out of the hobby, which is why I try to pick up whatever I can now.

Ian, don't quit.

Have no fear Blue'...I have no intention of doing so! It was just a rhetorical question intended to stimulate some discussion...which it has done! :thumbsup:

NEVER .

Just like AA ............quitting is for quitters.

owen

I agree! I've cut back some , but to quit? Nope, not as long as I can still buy neat stuff. I've been at this 37 years now and still love it. :thumbsup:

My reasons arent the repros Ive collected Japanese mostly for 20yrs or so back when no one wanted it and would pick up miscellaneous modern and foreign stuff here and there that would catch my eye and was cheap lol.Then people started to realize Japanese stuff was starting sell and the dealers were jacking the prices up and it was getting cut throat ,the comradely was gone.Now with the new items ive started to collect with my sons feels like it happening again .I know money tight for most everyone so that might be it but just seems to be losing the enjoyment factor lately

David

Yes, the "hobby" is becoming too serious to some. I have had people try to rip things from my hands at sales.

Poor behaviour and attitude of some "collectors" are the two worst offenders for reasons to quit the hobby. :thumbdown:

It used to be more casual, friendly and fun.

• 8 years later...