Engineers Corps in USAAF

trubia26

Hello there! Pleased to be here again with all of you! Well, after the "Hello!", the real question: I have seen several uniforms from engineer personnel in USAAF (in fact I have seen in here too: http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...howtopic=113702 ) and I was wondering about the badges...I have seen these uniforms with Engineers badges (the castle) and USAAF patch...but about this badge:

flightengineerbadgephot.jpg

Is this a badge for Engineers Corps in USAAF (with the castle in their jackets)...or just for USAAF personnel? (with the winged propeller in their jackets). Thanks a lot for your help!!

So Engineers in USAAF did not use wing badges?...I mean, Engineers Corps in USAAF..

No....the wing you posted was for FLIGHT Engineers only...members of the aircrew.

Ok, thanks a lot!! Engineers Corps is different that Flight Engineers, even serving both in USAAF, one had the castle badges and the other had the winged propeller and the wing badge...I see..

Ok, thanks a lot!! Engineers Corps is different that Flight Engineers, even serving both in USAAF, one had the castle badges and the other had the winged propeller and the wing badge...I see..

The castle badge is pure Army.

Yes...and Corps of Engineers officers had unique buttons on their uniforms.

post-8022-1347567043.jpg

..pretty button!...but Flight Engineers had the standart US Army button, right?

Yes...standard Army buttons until it became the USAF in '47.

• 3 weeks later...