Air raid siren

24th_infantry

24th_infantry

Picked up a hand-crank air raid siren a few months back. Came with the snap-on cover and carry strap. 90% finish left on it and loud as heck. Got it for 125 bucks and felt like that was a good deal.

That's the Federal Electric gas attack siren. With the OD paint abnd the canvas case I would expect it to sell for over $400 on ebay It is military, not civilian by the way, although after the war a lot of them were repainted for civilian use.

Here's one on youtube

Pretty cool! Do a U-tube video and lets hear what it sounds like.

Ha! I love the idea!! I'll try to get a buddy to record and post it because I have no idea how to do that stuff. A friend borrowed it before and cranked it at midnight, I heard it a quarter mile away.

Those have been going for 200 without covers and straps lately on ebay. There are about 5 on ebay now under federal and air raid siren. There are a few for higher prices also. Been watching them for 3 months waiting to findd one under a 100. I found on listed for 50 ending soon I am bidding on for our airshow in a few weeks

Those have been going for 200 without covers and straps lately on ebay. There are about 5 on ebay now under federal and air raid siren. There are a few for higher prices also. Been watching them for 3 months waiting to findd one under a 100. I found on listed for 50 ending soon I am bidding on for our airshow in a few weeks

Good luck on scoring it!

That's the Federal Electric gas attack siren. With the OD paint abnd the canvas case I would expect it to sell for over $400 on ebay It is military, not civilian by the way, although after the war a lot of them were repainted for civilian use.

Here's one on youtube

I would sell mine in a heart beat for $400 and it has the cover.

Scares the hell out of the hispanic neigbors :lol:

Tractor,

No....I'm in San Diego, we're about 5 hours apart.

I just wanted to go out real early and have that siren screaming as I drive past Home Depot!! :laughing1: :devil:

• 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...

• I just found one of these in an antique shop owned by a friend. I'd never seen one before so I have it on hold. It's by Federal Electric and painted OD. I can see now that the handle has been replaced but the price was right. It's just one of those odd ball items you have to grab when you see it. Now I'm looking forward to grabbing it.