what are these patches? they look rare

FNGRyan

Today while i was at our small new local quonset hut ww2 museum, i found these that we must of received when we were restoring the hut, and just forgot about them in the back cabinet.

does anyone know what these are? They look ww2 except for the knife patch.

Are these patches rare? They look pretty nice.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Ryan

post-32354-1347137479.jpg

post-32354-1347137533.jpg

post-32354-1347137754.jpg

More pictures in a few

Robswashashore

top patch in Post No.2 is US Army 22nd Corps

bottom patch is 474th Regimental Combat Team

Knife patch is WWII Kiska Task Force

The Verdun patch looks like a souvenir patch.

The one below it is the Kiska Task Force patch

And the last one is Hungarian Occupation Forces.

Not too hard to find

I agree. Shame about the rusty staple.

Chris

I dont think it was a rusty staple, but it is a stain that all the patches that were in the box had.

Ryan

I dont think it was a rusty staple, but it is a stain that all the patches that were in the box had.

Ryan

I have seen the KISKA patch attached with a safety pin on occasion.Some were sewn but being a temporary patch for the invasion they were attached in various ways.Look for a couple pin holes..Never know for sure.Could have been just tacked to some thing at one time for display as well.

Nice finds though ;)

I have seen the KISKA patch attached with a safety pin on occasion.Some were sewn but being a temporary patch for the invasion they were attached in various ways.Look for a couple pin holes..Never know for sure.

Nice finds though ;)

Will do :thumbsup:

i can't believe that we had these and some other patches hidden in the back room of the hut next to the ac unit. Last week I even found papers promoting a naval officer to a commander in 1946 and a lot of other paper work plus a ww2 victory medal, a couple of photos of marines during ww2, along with a small CAP grouping behind the bookshelf while most was mixed in the storage of the extra supplies and tools we used to fix the hut up. Next week I'm definitely looking high and low for everything that got misplaced by the restoration/moving guys... but maybe it was our fault too for leaving the early donations in the hut while it was being rebuilt :pinch:

Ryan

Do not discount the Verdun patch with out some farther research. I am sure I have seen it or one very much like it in one of the ASMIC publications but of course I can't find it now. As I remember it was an occupation era patch used by either a recreation center or an education center that was in Verdun. The letters at the bottom are the key.

Guys,

while I'm glad that these patches have generated a lot of interest, they are not for sale as they are the museum's property and not mine, and I simply can't sell them. But I'm glad their generating interest! Hopefuly they generate this amount of intrest in the museum :)

Regards,

Ryan

WWII French "St. Maurice Verdun Forces " Patch.

So not a souvenir patch? Or is it a souvenir ptch for the st. Maurice verdun forces?

thanks,

Ryan

• 2 weeks later...
So not a souvenir patch? Or is it a souvenir patch for the st. Maurice verdun forces?

thanks,

Ryan

Quick queston, the one above, and what exactly is an error patch? I don't want to mislabel it on display

thanks,

Ryan

Insigina Hunter
the 474th Regimental Combat Team is the reversed colors error version of this patch

Here are my 474th patches Correct and Error - They are behind glass in this picture so please excuse the glare

post-14003-1348501335.jpg